Family Engagement Coordinator (part-time) - Brookside Community Development Corporation
- 13-May-2019 to 12-Jun-2019
- - Brookside Community Dev Corp
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- compensation based on experience
- Part Time
Part-time (32-hours) hourly paid position.
Brookside Community Development Corporation is a church-based non-profit serving the Brookside neighborhood, located on the Near Eastside of Indianapolis. Brookside CDC serves as the ministry outreach arm of Brookside Community Church, to create opportunities of renewal and transformation in the lives of people residing in the Brookside neighborhood on the Near Eastside of Indianapolis. Brookside Community Play is the youth development initiative of Brookside CDC, focusing on after school and summertime play-based programming designed to instill hope in children and youth, while helping them overcome the effects of childhood trauma.
The Family Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the development, growth and quality of the Brookside CDC resources between Brookside Community Play, schools, and families. The Coordinator's primary responsibility is to develop a bridge between Brookside Community Play and the schools and families being served.
The Family Engagement Coordinator reports directly to the Play Director, who is responsible for his/her performance evaluations.
Liaison between Brookside Community Play and Families:
• Develop relationship with parents to empower them to be active in their child's education and needs.
• Develop and run Parent Café which will inform participants on parent education and family development programs, resources in the community and child development information.
• Connect families with appropriate resources, referrals and relationships to help them overcome barriers.
• Invest in the development of the families by walking through referral processes, DCS cases, and other situations that participants are involved in
• Maintain files for all parent meeting agendas, facilitators, presenters, and meeting attendance; e.g. parent sign-in sheets.
• Maintain records of all parent participation in events and contact parents when they are not meeting the requirements of the program in a timely fashion.
• Maintain communication by verifying and continually updating contact names and numbers.
• Maintain a communication log for parent interactions. Minimal of two interactions per week per session.
• Develop a resource manual for Play families.
• Facilitate Parent Orientation prior to each Play session.
• Communicate with Parents concerning Play schedules, events and procedures.
• Review and distribute Parent Reports as needed.
Liaison between Play and School:
- Develop Relationship with key people at schools where students attend. (Social Worker, Secretary, Principal, Teachers)
- Obtain records for students. (IEP, report cards, attendance records) to share with Play team.
- Foster a team culture with schools.
- Recruiting of students.
• Communicate with the Parents of child's behavior, success and needs during program sessions for After School Program and during School Year with Academy students.
• Communicate with Parents regarding available community resources.
• Enter applications into database
• Update changes in phone number, addresses and any other information on Samaritan database.
Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
Attend staff meetings and assist in evaluation of the program.
Attend in-service trainings and assist with coordination if requested.
Assist with special events especially during the Summer Programming.
Be an active participant in the lives of children during programming times.
Other duties may be assigned by the Play Director and Executive Team.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Tell us about your passion for youth development from your own life experience?
2. What attracts you to a church-based nonprofit position?
3. Share your experience in building relationship with diverse families in need to provide case management and referral services?
Click the APPLY button to submit Cover Letter, Resume and Screening questions.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com