Experiential Learning Coordinator - Hamilton Southeastern Schools
- 13-May-2019 to 12-Jun-2019
- - Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
Hamilton Southeastern Schools in partnership with the City of Fishers seeks a visionary and collaborative leader to advance work based learning through CurioCity (www.curiocityhub.com), an innovative experiential learning endeavor. CurioCity extends learning beyond the classroom by providing real-world, hands on opportunities to students from preschool through graduation.
Hamilton Southeastern Schools, as a forward-thinking school district, provides educational opportunities to ensure the success of each and every student, to become a responsible citizen and to positively influence an ever-changing world community.
• Create enthusiasm and interest in CurioCity throughout the community with a specific focus on recruiting organizations willing to provide work based learning opportunities including internships, externships, and apprenticeships. Will grow number of and diversity of opportunities available.
• Coordinate process management from the organization perspective, specifically translating intake interest into opportunity listings and ultimately approving the host site according to HSE Schools procedures. Must remain aware of other potential experience opportunities to avoid duplicated efforts for area businesses.
• Proficient in learning new technologies including database management. Must develop subject matter expertise of the CurioCity portal and hub in order to model, instruct and support stakeholders. Including general organization troubleshooting (i.e. log in challenges, contact log entry, etc).
• Identify partners that can address gaps in opportunities and/or areas of high demand. This area includes working with diverse student, educator, and community populations to meet needs and provide equal access to experiential learning opportunities. Additionally, will support HSE Schools unmet educator requests.
• Identify success stories to advance recruitment or additional community partners and general public relations. Assist in establishing notifications and newsletters to organizations within the CurioCity portal.
• Assist in supervising the work based learning building level coordinators. Collaborate to ensure high quality experiences for hosts and students including collection of rubric/evaluative data.
• Conduct reporting and data-mining to support HSE Schools, City of Fishers, individual buildings and/or organizations, and/or funding sources.
• Assist with procedural recommendations related to work based learning.
• May meet with parents/guardians to answer site questions or resolve potential concerns such as transportation
• Remain current with work based learning best practices, graduation pathways, scheduling and school counseling. Participate in local and state workforce development initiatives.
Preference will be given to a candidate who has experience cultivating experiential learning opportunities including project based learning, service based learning, and work based learning. Bachelor's degree in required.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
First review of application expected May 20, 2019. Open until filled.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com