Receptionist II (Job Share) - Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- 13-May-2019 to 12-Jun-2019
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Our Receptionists act as first point of contact for the organization by answering all incoming telephone calls, greeting and assisting visitors, and advises appropriate departments. Provide superior customer service internally and externally. Secretarial, clerical, and data entry support is provided for other departments as designated by supervisor.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
• As the first point of contact for the organization, demonstrates a professional demeanor in all interactions with visitors, volunteers, Board members, donors, and agency representatives.
o Visitors should be handled professionally and promptly.
o Greets visitors and advises the appropriate staff person regarding their guest.
o Ensure that visitors and media are escorted properly for security reasons.
o Manage sign-in/out sheets.
o Provide driving directions.
o Create and Post all Closing Notices for Front Door & Pantry.
o Handle FedEx, UPS, and other parcel deliveries.
o Accept and provide appropriate documentation and record of monetary donations made at the front desk. Turn records and monetary donations into Accounting Department.
o Accept food donations made at the front desk that do not require a weight. Turn records and food donations into Warehouse Team.
• Answers and directs incoming calls professionally and promptly to appropriate personnel
o Possesses knowledge of Gleaners and all programs, including Community Cupboard.
o Provides callers with information on the organization including address, directions or mailing of information packages; assists with general questions of all programs and Community Cupboard; takes and delivers messages; exemplifies the organization values of respect, responsiveness and professionalism.
o Forwards calls to voice mail when appropriate.
• Answers Gleaners Truck Gate for entrance to Shipping and Receiving.
• Monitors office supplies levels and equipment, including coffee machine.
o Orders, receives, maintains inventory, and distributes supplies (including but not limited to business cards, name badges and miscellaneous items for the Warehouse).
o Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
o Assist in contacting service repair vendors.
o Assist with ensuring all printer/copier/fax machines are stocked with paper and order as needed.
o Assist with ordering large quantity copy paper replacement.
o Organize and maintain supply area to ensure adequate supplies on-hand
• Performs general clerical duties, works with Food bank staff members on projects and provides back up support to other departments as designated by supervisor while maintaining reception area with a neat appearance at all times.
o Coordinate meeting invites and responses.
o Assist with filing for Accounts Payable and Agency Services.
o Other clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
• Maintain and keep to date front desk binder, safety procedures and manuals, and employee orientation packets.
o Serve as secretary on the Safety Committee
o Make announcements via phone page and phone emergency response, as directed by management.
o Monitor weather conditions and communicate with supervisor.
o Maintain and update active employee lists.
o Announce birthday and employment anniversaries.
o Maintain, update and distribute Staff Phone Number List and Photo Directory.
o Maintain Employee Mailboxes.
o Print Plastic Employee, Visitor, and Contractor Name Badges.
• Complete all functions while demonstrating behaviors consistent with Gleaners' mission, vision and values and as a public representative of the organization.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of front desk/receptionist/customer service experience
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication skills
• Ability to read, write and understand instructions
• Ability to communicate with all staff members
• Ability to perform basic math functions.
• Candidate should be computer literate in all basic computer programs and functions.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Capable of independently operating equipment required for the position including but not limited to printer, multi-use copier, fax, postage machine and Polycom phone system.
• Valid driver's license/Clean driving record /Must be insurable by company vehicle insurance provider.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently under minimal supervision.
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
• Attention to details
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Reliability & Dependability is especially important for this position
• Communication: Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; listens to others and seeks to understand others' perspectives.
• Customer Service: Responds to internal and external customer needs in a timely and professional manner; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing a high level of customer service.
• Reliability/Dependability: Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and on time; arrives on-time to work and meeting; accepts assignments and follows through on promises and all aspects of assigned work.
• Respect and Integrity: Delivers honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive environment.
• Teamwork: Collaborates with and supports coworkers on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; provides adequate lead time for others to meet deadlines; is willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
• Work Habits/Planning: Effectively plans, organizes, and prioritizes work; displays a positive attitude and remains consistent in work actions and the ability to support the team/organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com