Director of Institutional Giving - Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- 18-May-2019 to 17-Jun-2019
- - Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Institutional Giving is a full-time position responsible for leading the strategic management of institutional giving for the ISO, including corporate, foundation and government support, as well as oversight of special events. In partnership with the Board, CEO and Vice President of Development, this position will identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and maintain relationships with businesses, foundations and government agencies.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and implement a comprehensive strategy to identify and solicit sources of private and public institutional support
• Lead the Institutional Giving Team in securing gifts that meet or exceed annual revenue goals
• Plan and execute cultivation visits by the CEO and Vice President of Development, engaging Board Members and other staff as appropriate
• Build relationships between the ISO and businesses, foundations and government agencies at local and national levels
• Research, identify and cultivate new funding opportunities from institutions
• Supervise Associate Director of Corporate Giving, Senior Manager of Special Events and Corporate Partnerships, and Grants Manager
• In partnership with the Associate Director of Corporate Giving and the Grants Manager, prepare highly competitive sponsorship proposals, grant requests and other collateral materials for solicitation purposes
• Provide strategic oversight for all special fundraising events, and for corporate partnerships outside of traditional sponsorships
• Attend events at the ISO and in the community throughout the season encouraging the development of relationships with the ISO's institutional donors
• Assist with donor relations events i.e. SOTP table hosting, Founders' Room, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree in Nonprofit Management or Arts Administration preferred. 4-6 years of experience in development or sales is preferred. Excellent skills in project management and budget preparation and management. Outstanding written and oral communication skills, high level of organization and ability to manage complex projects simultaneously.
TECHNICAL PROFICENCIES: Must be at least an intermediate user of Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Must have the confidence and technical acuity to quickly learn Tessitura and prospect research programs.
SPAN OF SUPERVISION:
• Associate Director of Corporate Giving
• Senior Manager, Special Events and Corporate Partnerships
• Grants Manager
• Frequent weekend and evening responsibilities
• Must be able to travel around the region
• Regularly sits at a desk or computer workstation
• Frequently moves about the office to collaborate with colleagues
• Bending, stooping, walking on uneven surface (at Hilbert Circle Theatre and Conner Prairie for Symphony on the Prairie)
• Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds
INTERNAL: Frequent contact with all levels of staff, musicians, stagehands, and volunteers.
EXTERNAL: Board of Directors, civic leaders, volunteers, artists and patrons.
CONTENT OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: Will have access to personal and financial information on donors, prospects, Board members, ticket buyers, and employees.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com