Chief Executive Officer - Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
- 28-May-2019 to 27-Jun-2019
- - Boys & Girls Club of Boone County
- Zionsville, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Boys & Girls Club of Boone County is looking for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead our non-profit organization to new heights throughout the community. With three units (Lebanon, Whitestown, Zionsville) serving over 400 kids daily throughout Boone County, Indiana, this is an exciting opportunity to have a positive, life-changing impact on kids' lives. As CEO, you will lead the overall planning and operation of the organization while providing leadership, direction, and support to the Board of Directors.
Our mission is to enable all area youth, especially those that need us most, to develop
the skills, fitness, and character they need to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens. You will be responsible for bringing this mission to life in our Boone County community, as you work to ensure the children and teens in your care achieve great futures by providing a safe and fun space, an engaging club experience guided by the caring professionals on your team, and a commitment to creating opportunities to serve.
Role & Responsibilities
• Reports to the Board of Directors: Guides, supports, and serves the Board of Directors in establishing goals and developing policies, procedures, budgets, and programs that fulfill the mission of the Boys & Girls Club. Provides professional leadership to the Board to assure development of an effective and motivated Board, including identification, recruitment, training and involvement of members in meeting the goals of the organization.
• Directs and participates in public relations and fundraising activities, serving as the face of the organization throughout the local community.
• Cultivates existing and potential relationships with community leaders, potential club members, and donors.
• Monitors and approves the organization's program services and assures achievement of its mission and goals while promoting Boys & Girls Club services to individuals, other service organizations, and the local community.
• Provides leadership to club staff by developing administrative and operational standards by which goals will be met, and oversees staffing activities of the organization, including recruiting, training, and evaluation of both paid and volunteer staff.
• Assures management and attainment of resources necessary to ensure the financial operations of the organization are conducted in accordance with applicable laws.
• Assures that the organization is in compliance with membership and other requirements or standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and other affiliated and regulatory agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization.
• Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to speak effectively and persuasively to groups and individuals.
• Demonstrated competency and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a Board of Directors, staff, community groups, parents, and other related agencies.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise professionals and other staff/volunteers who may be in distance sub-units of the organization.
• Advanced knowledge and expertise in asset management including financial resources and property (real / tangible).
• Demonstrated skills and competency in the following areas preferred: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; principles and practices of non-profit organizations and management thereof; resource development activities and sources of funding.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. As our CEO, what can the board of directors expect from you?
2. Please tell us about your fundraising experience. Can you describe a successful fundraising event for which you provided leadership?
3. What do you see as the keys to building and sustaining a high-performing staff culture?
4. In your opinion, what role should social media play in the overall marketing plan for the organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com