Agency Services Associate - Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- 28-May-2019 to 27-Jun-2019
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Agency Service Team Member is an outstanding provider of friendly, efficient and accurate customer service to Gleaners hunger relief agency partners by responding to all requests for service and assistance in a timely manner using excellent communication, organizational & computer skills while treating customers fairly, consistently and impartially.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
• Be the first voice and impression of GFBI with a courteous, happy, helpful and pleasant demeanor.
o Provide topnotch customer service both internally and externally over the phone or email
• Process orders accurately as required from review through posting invoices.
o Create daily dock sheet to determine the status of an agency's order ( dry/frozen, cooler) and pick up or delivery status
o Invoice pickups and deliveries for next day orders
o Manually create and invoice dry totes, meat totes, and fresh room orders
o Maintain agency delivery and pick-up schedule information.
• Assist in the chute area with agency pickups as needed.
• Ensure accuracy of agency orders.
o Troubleshoot inconsistencies with agency's orders by working with Distribution Center
o Enter TEFAP orders accurately based on allocation spread sheet
o Enter all back sack, CSCI, CARE, SM
• Provide resources and information to member agencies when applicable.
• Provide AE3 Online Support Services to agency partners.
• Perform quality checks of compliance folder after monitoring
o Ensure all information is entered correctly in Ceres and Compliance folder
• Ensure agencies are compliant with GFBI rules and regulations
o Monitor compliance spread sheet and email any agency that has expired certificates (Food Safety and Certificate of Insurance).
o Send monthly recap to all agencies, monitor and report issue to manager
• Direct any agency issues to Agency Service Manager
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. It is expected that the individual will have a high level of creativity and understanding of nonprofit organizations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Note that it may be necessary to perform other duties as the need is apparent or as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent experience
• 1-2 Years of Customer Service desired
• Exhibit outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
• Able to effectively communicate to diverse groups.
• Basic Mathematical Skills
• Computer literate in all basic computer functions, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
• Ability to work in databases, including knowledge of order-processing software
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Outstanding public demeanor for dealing with agencies, coworkers and donors
• Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Excellent & prompt telephone and email skills
• Excellent communication & organizational skills
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Communication: Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; listens to others and seeks to understand others' perspectives.
• Customer Service: Responds to internal and external customer needs in a timely and professional manner; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing a high level of customer service.
• Reliability/Dependability: Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and on time; arrives on-time to work and meeting; accepts assignments and follows through on promises and all aspects of assigned work.
• Respect and Integrity: Delivers honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive environment.
• Teamwork: Collaborates with and supports coworkers on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; provides adequate lead time for others to meet deadlines; is willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and moving 40 pounds 1% of the time
• Moving within/between Department or Facility
• Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
• Ability to speak clearly
• Ability to feel and have manual dexterity
• Ability to see and use color perception (red, green, etc.)
• Ability to operate pallet jack as needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Office/Warehouse/Distribution Environment
• Exposure to abnormally hot/cold environment
• Exposure to fumes/odors and dirt/dust
• Moving vehicles and equipment
• Fast Paced
• Deadline Oriented
• Frequent use of a computer
• Works independently and with others
• Flexible work schedule, including ability to work Saturday and evening hours as needed
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com