Administrative Assistant - Global Ministries
- 31-May-2019 to 28-Jun-2019
- - Global Ministries
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Division of Overseas Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support services, and secretarial functions to the Africa Office (located in Indianapolis, IN).
Global Ministries is a joint missional witness between the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the United Church of Christ. Join us in our mission to receive and share the Good News of Jesus Christ by joining with global and local partners to work for justice, reconciliation and peace.
To provide administrative and secretarial services to the Africa office, according to the general direction of the Area Executive.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains balanced special funds accounts.
2. Prepares requests for checks and bank wire transfers for missionaries and overseas partners' special projects.
3. Prepares and processes reimbursements for missionaries.
4. Handles medical insurance claims and reimbursements from medical insurance company for missionaries.
5. Identifies, requests, and submits checks for payment of scholarship student expenses.
6. Maintains office files and records.
7. Answers and screens phone calls, responds or reroutes as appropriate.
8. Receives, distributes, acknowledges, replies and follows up on messages and requests sent to the office by e-mail from missionaries and overseas partners
9. Opens mail, identifies priority items, responds to routine letters in consultation with executive.
10. Prepares paperwork necessary to obtain travel visas for scholarship students, Area Executive, and others traveling on church business.
11. Prepares and sends out DHL, Federal Express and Express Mail packets containing checks and correspondence.
Executive and Constituent Support
12. Works with travel agent to obtain schedule options for domestic and international travel of scholarship students, Area Executive, and other travelers.
13. Prepares Area Executive travel folder: detailed itinerary with contacts, meeting schedules, hotel and airline confirmations, address lists, customs declaration forms.
14. Maintains daily contact with executive during their travels, via e-mail and phone.
15. Advises travelers about passports, tickets, and necessary health precautions for travel in Africa.
16. Makes arrangements for visitors and for meetings for which the office has particular responsibility.
17. Formats Africa docket for board meetings.
18. Collects information, internet articles and reports on African countries.
19. Identifies catalogs and sends old materials to Disciples Historical Society.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and communications software.
2. Good oral and written French and English language skills, including skills in proofreading and editing; ability to compose own correspondence; telephone communication skills.
3. Ability to work with people in sensitive, tactful and diplomatic manner.
4. Good judgment and discretion in sharing reports and handling correspondence; ability to maintain confidentiality concerning sensitive personnel and policy matters.
5. Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently.
6. Translates letters from French to English, or English to French, as needed. Ability to use Google Translate if not fluent in French.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by June 28.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com