Community Outreach Manager - Indianapolis Indians Charities
- 31-May-2019 to 30-Jun-2019
- - Indianapolis Indians Charities
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus structure (when eligible)
- Full Time
- Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) plan (when eligible) and health, dental and vision insurance
The Indianapolis Indians are seeking a full-time Community Outreach Manager to increase the reach and impact of Indianapolis Indians Charities. This role will be responsible for fundraising, overseeing programs, and strategic planning of the newly formed nonprofit organization.
About the Indianapolis Indians:
The Indianapolis Indians are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In continuous operation since 1902, the organization believes in creating affordable and memorable experiences for fans so they can grow closer together with family, friends and the community through the game of baseball. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 14,200-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996 and has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States. The team has led Minor League Baseball in combined total attendance over the past six seasons. In 2018, the organization was recognized as Ballpark Digest Team of the Year. It was also named a 2019 Best Places to Work by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
• Identify and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with area not-for-profit organizations to strategically enhance the mission of Indianapolis Indians Charities
• Lead all community events/activities and implementation efforts critical to Indianapolis Indians Charities, including Indy Do Day, annual golf outing and other events
• Coordinate financial programs to provide funding for new/continuing operations
• Establish, plan and execute fundraising activities to support desired programming and new ventures, including grant writing, fundraising events, in-park 50/50 raffle, outreach to new and old donors, and increasing the charity's presence in the community
• Hire, train and supervise gameday staff to assist with 50/50 raffle
• Manage relationships with external partners related to Indianapolis Indians Charities
• Collaborate with Indians' marketing team on developing the IIC brand and annual marketing campaigns/materials, plus incorporating community programs into game presentation and ballpark activations
• Coordinate with staff and board president to prepare agendas, reports and materials for board meetings; attend all meetings
• Support the nominating process of the board in recruiting and training new board members and officers
• Manage on-site activation for non-profit partners at Indians games and special events
• Represent the Indians at various community events and appearances; serve on a minimum of two (2) local non-profit boards
• Compile annual club community relations impact report for team and MiLB
• Work with communications team to create a high level of public awareness of Indians community relations programs and activities
• Serve on Indianapolis Indians Volunteer Committee, providing volunteer opportunities for staff throughout the season
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years of experience preferably in non-profit management environment.
Skills & Abilities:
Sincere commitment to and passion for the Indianapolis community, children and families
Ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including fans, board members, staff, donors and other supporters
Articulate professional communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Self-starter, with a strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
Confident and dynamic personality with strong customer service skills
Ability to work non-traditional hours which may include up to 14 hours/day and up to 90 hours/week, with many hours spent on your feet
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com