Communications Manager - Indiana State Bar Association
- 31-May-2019 to 30-Jun-2019
- - Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Indiana State Bar Association seeks an energetic, team-oriented person to serve as our Communications Manager. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to take the next step in their communications career.
ISBA, the state's largest legal organization, works to improve the administration of justice while helping the public gain a better understanding of the legal system. We do this by serving and advocating on behalf of our members, their clients and the public interest. The Communications Manager will help in this mission by developing and driving our communications initiatives.
More specifically, the Communications Manager will lead a two-person department in an effort to build and sustain the Indiana State Bar Association's reputation within the legal community and the public. In addition to external efforts and campaigns, this position develops and oversees all marketing and communications efforts as it relates to ISBA's programs and services.
• Help develop, then drive, overarching communications strategy for ISBA.
• Oversee Communications Coordinator, who is responsible for:
o Res Gestae, ISBA's member magazine (10 issues per year).
o ISBA's bi-weekly electric newsletter.
o ISBA's social media accounts.
o ISBA's conference apps.
• Create, launch and oversee marketing campaigns for ISBA programs and services.
• Oversee web site content, functionality and aesthetics.
• Creates and oversees communications calendar in conjunction with coordinator.
• Develop and manage data-driven evaluation process for all communications efforts.
• Create and manage communications department budget.
• Manage media relations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. 3-7 years of experience in communications field, ideally with a membership association.
2. Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
3. Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
4. Excellent writing and communication skills.
5. Critical attention to detail and accuracy.
6. Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully motivate a wide variety of individuals.
7. Strong, demonstrated understanding of social media and emerging technology.
8. Ability to start and manage multiple projects.
9. Persistent self-motivator who can work with minimal oversight and achieve team goals.
10. Strong organizational skills are a must.
11. Bachelor's degree preferred.
12. Knowledge of the legal profession preferred.
13. Strong computer skills, with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and databases.
14. Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
15. Reliable transportation is required.
16. Some evening and weekend work.
17. Travel required.
Click the APPLY button to submit résumé and cover letter to Executive Director, Joe Skeel. Contact Joe with questions at (317) 639-5465.
The Indiana State Bar Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Furthermore, we actively work to ensure our staff is diverse in thought, background and life experience. Therefore, diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com