Volunteer Outreach & Engagement Manager - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 03-Jun-2019 to 30-Jun-2019
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
We are looking for someone to develop and oversee the volunteer engagement efforts for the agency through strategic recruitment campaigns and outreach, corporate and community focused partnership development, and implementation of marketing and social media strategies to initiate the enrollment process with a high level of customer service.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
Outreach and Engagement:
• Develop, execute, measure, monitor, and evaluate agency volunteer engagement strategy based on agency goals and needs.
• Participate in volunteer and partnership prospecting.
• Build and steward partnerships to generate volunteers.
• Recruit volunteers based on specific agency goals and needs through scheduling, planning, facilitation, and follow up of presentations, meetings, participation at fairs/events, and other opportunities to build awareness.
• Build relationships that may lead to volunteer engagement opportunities by representing BBBSCI at relevant community networking and other events/forums.
• Create introductory engagement opportunities for individuals who are trying to decide their commitment level with the hopes they will become Bigs.
• Develop and execute strategic recruitment campaigns including planning, partnership development, development of messaging and materials, etc.
• Work closely with Enrollment & Matching team to coordinate and strategize volunteer priorities and needs.
• Collaborate with development department as it relates to corporate partners and employee volunteer engagement.
• Complete assigned initial volunteer orientation phone conversations with prospective volunteers and steward through process until handed to Enrollment Matching team.
• Maintain and respond to inquiries via external sites (ex. Mentor.org, voluneermatch).
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of recruitment relationships in database.
• Be the lead for assigned external partners and develop strategic relationships.
• Effectively perform all supervisory functions of hiring, coaching, training, disciplining, and terminating, according to BBBSCI policies. Develops and holds staff accountable to work efficiently and effectively and to achieve individual and team goals while complying with agency polices and national standards of practice. Ensures effective performance management and completion of annual evaluations for all program staff.
• Facilitate team planning and budgeting.
• Serve as the primary function representative with the Program Team.
• Monitor and communicate metrics for the department.
• Serve as ongoing presenter for mentor training.
• Lead and provide vision for the Big Impact Task Force focused on volunteer engagement.
• Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth and development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
• Ensure accurate, consistent and timely documentation is completed in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
• Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
• Work with strategically identified external partners (i.e. Schools, community centers, corporations, etc.) to build relationships for youth referrals and family resources.
• Staff recruitment booths/tables, match activities and agency events.
• Share with development, engagement, partnership and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships and stories as discovered through match contacts with Big, Little and Parent/Guardian.
• Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our partners, volunteers, parents, and children.
• Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing BBBS in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and furthering the mission of BBBS.
• Maintain budget documents including invoices and other expenses incurred by department as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required. Education or experience in sales, fundraising, communication, marketing, or community development preferred.
• Must have strong presentation skills.
• Participation in continuing education programs as requested.
• Must be able to work proficiently with agency data base, computers and other office equipment.
• Required to travel approximately 70% of time out of the office to present opportunities to potential volunteer. May include some travel to attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
• Must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends as required by agency.
• Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately-owned vehicles must have valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. May be required to transport clients.
• Must be able to pass a background check consisting of National Sex Offender, Criminal History and driving check.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter by June 30.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com