Financial Coach - Community Alliance of the Far Eastside, Inc.
- 03-Jun-2019 to 02-Jul-2019
- - Community Alliance of the Far Eastside, Inc. (CAFE)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $38K - $42K
- Full Time
- health insurance benefits
The Financial Coach provides direct services to individuals with low to moderate-income customers. Financial counseling and coaching involve an ability to engage and encourage customers, a strong understanding of personal finances, and the ability to teach that knowledge to others. The Financial Coach is responsible for assisting customers in developing plans of action that are intended to help the customer reach their short and long-term goals and expand their financial capability. The Financial Coach will primarily engage customers through one-on-one counseling, but will also conduct classes and workshops on related financial topics. The Financial Coach will work intra-and inter-departmentally to ensure that the customer is accessing needed resources and services across the department and organization. Some evening and weekend hours required.
The Community Alliance of the Far Eastside is committed to working with the Far Eastside community and its families by guiding and connecting them with opportunities to become financially independent, to build assets and to lead and serve.
1. Provide one-on-one financial counseling/coaching to clients across all CAFE programs.
2. Support customers to develop realistic spending, savings, and debt management plans, improve or build credit, develop emergency savings, and build assets.
3. Build strategic partnerships and financial institutions to offer customers meaningful financial products and services.
4. Develop and facilitate financial workshops to improve the customers' knowledge and understanding of key financial topics.
Data Management and Reporting
1. Understand data management protocols and procedures to ensure timely data entry and reporting.
2. Review and update customer data records.
3. Generate individual and aggregated reports to keep clients and program management informed about current trends and outcomes.
1. Work as a member of the cross-functional team providing services to families across all programs, sharing information, participating in team meetings, and helping to track and report progress and outcomes related to all programs.
1. Review best practices and stay up to date on the financial industry practices.
2. Work in partnership and Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.) and other team members to develop researched based programs and services.
• Preferred two or more years of financial counseling/planning or credit counseling experience or certification.
• A four-year degree in a related field of study or relevant work experience and proven ability to successfully use financial coaching skills with target population.
• General knowledge and understanding of the needs of a low-income working population, as well as knowledge of available community resources.
• Experience teaching or facilitating group workshops is a plus.
• Excellent social/interpersonal skills and writing ability commensurate with the communication and reporting requirements of the position.
• Strong computer skills.
• Well organized and self-directed, with ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with great attention to detail.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com