Ministry Assistant - Second Presbyterian Church
- 10-Jun-2019 to 09-Jul-2019
- - Second Presbyterian Church
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- benefits available
The Ministry Assistant to Music and Fine Arts is accountable to the Session of Second Presbyterian Church through the Personnel Committee of Second Presbyterian Church and serves under the direction of the Director of Music and Fine Arts, and the Senior Pastor of Second Presbyterian Church.
• Upholds Christian values
• Maintains utmost confidentiality
• Possesses excellent writing and communication skills
• Is highly detail-oriented
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
• Exhibits strong interpersonal skills
• Relevant Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5 years experience as executive assistant, office manager, or comparable position, preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook)
• Knowledge of musical terminology desirable, but not expected
RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes Essential Job Functions
Administrative Support for Music and Fine Arts Department
• Meet regularly with the Director of Music and Fine Arts.
• Schedule rooms for Music and Fine Arts Department. Schedule use of instruments and
music rooms with other departments. Coordinate with Building and Grounds staff.
• Work with Music Staff and Concert Managers for concert production. Attend Music and Fine Arts Concerts, as needed.
• Prepare and coordinate marketing and publicity with the Director of Communications for the Music and Fine Arts Department.
• Prepare programs for special events, recitals, concerts and art exhibits.
• Maintain bulletin file and regularly update hymn use frequency spreadsheet.
• Maintain computerized publicity mailing lists.
• Maintain updated rosters, attendance records and email distribution lists for all vocal and instrumental ensemble participants for each program year.
• Request childcare, when needed, for choir practices and special events.
• Maintain Music/Equipment Loan File.
• Regularly post online copied music selections with OneLicense and when required by CCLI. Ensure annual renewal of both licenses. Secure ASCAP copyright permission as needed.
• Maintain and update choral and orchestra library databases. Regularly back up files to flash drive.
• Prepare biweekly MFA payroll spreadsheet for Finance Department based on timesheets approved by the Directory of Music & Fine Arts.
• Generate check requests for MFA approved expenses including non-payroll musicians.
• Coordinate the completion and submission of all new MFA employee paperwork.
• Attend all-staff meetings, administrative assistant staff meetings and departmental staff meetings as scheduled.
Administrative Support of Director of Music and Fine Arts
• Maintain correspondence, calendar, files and reports for Director of Music and Fine Arts.
• Inform Director of Music and Fine Arts of illnesses, deaths, or prayer requests of choir members.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
Coordination of Music and Fine Arts Groups (scheduling and communication)
• Assist with internal communications of all ensembles and ministry teams.
• Update handbook(s).
• Ensure attendance has been posted in Arena.
• Create and provide printed materials for Sanctuary Choir as needed, i.e., Grace Notes newsletter, Pictorial Directory, commitment sheets, dues collection letters, etc.
• Schedule and assist with McFarland Hall Art exhibit exchanges.
• Schedule and inform teams of monthly meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com