Major Gifts Officer - Indianapolis Zoo
- 10-Jun-2019 to 21-Jun-2019
- - Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Full Time
- competitive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403b; Paid Time Off; paid holidays) after 90 days of employment.
Are you looking to join a highly-regarded advancement team in Indianapolis? If you are a results-driven, polished professional possessing creativity, vision and enthusiasm, then the Indianapolis Zoo is looking for you to join our team as a Major Gifts Officer.
The Indianapolis Zoo is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Major Gifts Officer to participate as a key member of an advancement team that creates and implements strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors. The Major Gifts Officer will manage a high volume of personal visits with individual contributors to garner support for annual and special project support and actively participate in raising funds for an upcoming capital campaign. During the last half-century, the Indianapolis Zoo developed into a global leader in animal conservation and one of the top tourist destinations in Indiana, welcoming more than one million visitors annually. As the largest zoo in the country that receives no direct tax funding, our fundraising team plays an integral role in our organization's success. These talented and dedicated professionals support the Zoo's efforts to save wild things and wild places around the world and close to home.
• At least five years of professional work experience in fundraising;
• Strong experience in fundraising and major gift development;
• Solid background in working with prospect moves management;
• Proven record of achievement in the solicitation of major gifts, including annual, capital and special project support;
• Confirmed ability to maintain effective working relationships with individual donors;
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills;
• Good working knowledge of donor databases, preferably Raiser's Edge, and word processing;
• Prefer Indianapolis residency of several years;
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required. A degree in a related field (fundraising, business, communications, marketing, and public relations) is preferred.
• At least three professional references (not relatives) are required.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by June 21, 2019.
To help ensure receipt of your online application, we recommend applicants use a computer running Windows XP or higher, with at least Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome, or Safari. Please include compensation requirement in your attached cover letter or enter it on the online application.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment training, drug testing, criminal history checks and a BMV check.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a drug-free/smoke-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com