Hunger Relief Data Manager - Gleaners Food Bank
- 17-Jun-2019 to 16-Jul-2019
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Hunger Relief Data Manager is responsible for managing data and compliance to achieve Gleaners' distribution goals. This includes all reports and metrics for the department. This position is also responsible for monitoring grant and donor metrics and other data needed to ensure donor compliance and that information is submitted in a timely manner. This position will also maintain all files for all food assistance partners and ensure compliance reporting and assist with audits for Feeding America, Gleaners and government regulations All responsibilities shall be consistent with Gleaners Food Bank's mission to lead the fight against hunger.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
• Project Management – Grant and or donor data
o Manage and monitor grant proposals, reports and metrics and other data/information to ensure grants and donor compliance.
o Work with managers to obtain additional information for grant and donor reports, such as photos, stories and supporting documents.
o Work closely with grants team, and other Advancement colleagues to monitor deadlines and ensure managers are aware of all grant and/or donor requirements in their area. Ensure all information needed by grants/Advancement team is provided in a timely manner.
o Provide regular updates to the Hunger Relief team and other colleagues on all grants, donor metrics, and deliverables.
o Maintain tracking documents, Standard Operating Procedures, training materials and other documents as needed for reporting practices and update as needed.
• Project Management – Metrics Reporting
o Obtain and review MPIN and MMG reports and communicate movement, trends and other data as needed to the team.
o Collect and provide information for fiscal year-end audit as needed.
o Collect and provide information for Feeding America's Annual Network Activity Report (NAR), Quarterly Pulse Report (QPR), biennial audit and any other FA reports needed.
o Run reports, review and analyze as needed on activity in any given county, region or for a particular food assistance program.
o Compile information as needed for updating the county overviews.
o Manage the allocation of Backsack program annually.
o Maintain the mobile pantry schedule and adjust as needed based on changes in each region.
o Assist managers with surveys and data collection/analyzation.
o Compile monthly metrics and other reports as needed.
• Quality Management – Compliance
o Maintain central location for all Food Assistance partner files and develop a check-out system for managers so all files can be easily located and returned in a timely manner.
o Complete a quality check of all systems, files and reports and update spreadsheets upon completion of a monitoring visit by a manager.
o Develop and maintain a compliance system for all food assistance activity and supply the team with a structure to track compliance dates, such as expiration dates for food safety certification and certificate of insurance.
o Ensure that all files are accurate and follow-up as needed.
• Complete all functions while demonstrating behaviors consistent with Gleaners' mission, vision and values and as a public representative of the organization.
• Serve as an active member of the Gleaners' Hunger Relief team.
• Promote and achieve a positive work environment.
• Provide input for organizational communications, including story bank, newsletter, website content, etc.
• Attend all-staff and department meetings, community meetings, and/or other meetings related to food programs.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• Substantial work experience in a related field.
• Experience in data tracking and quality assurance.
• Ability to maintain accurate customer files and complete required reports.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and presentation skills.
• Multi-Lingual preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, project management and relationship management skills.
• Outstanding public demeanor for dealing with agencies, coworkers, volunteers and donors.
• Initiative/self-starter/ability to work without close supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with multifaceted demands.
• Demonstrated ability to pleasantly work under pressure and to meet internal and multiple project deadlines.
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
• Communication: Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; listens to others and seeks to understand others' perspectives.
• Customer Service: Responds to internal and external customer needs in a timely and professional manner; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing a high level of customer service.
• Reliability/Dependability: Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and on time; arrives on-time to work and
meeting; accepts assignments and follows through on promises and all aspects of assigned work.
• Respect and Integrity: Delivers honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive environment.
• Teamwork: Collaborates with and supports coworkers on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; provides adequate lead time for others to meet deadlines; is willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
• Work Habits/Planning: Effectively plans, organizes, and prioritizes work; displays a positive attitude and remains consistent in work actions and the ability to support the team/organization.
Click the APPLY button to apply or go to Gleaners.org, select About Gleaners and then select Careers!
Gleaners Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com