Digital Communications & Content Specialist - United Way of Central Indiana
- 01-Jul-2019 to 30-Jul-2019
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Low $50's
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Marketing & Communication Teams
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Digital Communications & Content Specialist will manage the content and brand of United Way of Central Indiana social media accounts, email, blogs, text message campaigns, and other digital platforms. This position plays a key role in the organization's copywriting and communication efforts to generate awareness and encourage support for the impact being created by United Way of Central Indiana and our partner organizations.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Write compelling, creative copy to be used across multiple channels, including but not limited to social media, web/blog, direct mail, printed handouts, and other marketing and public relations special projects.
• Serve as primary content author and account administrator for all United Way of Central Indiana social media accounts.
• Organize multi-channel external department communications initiatives by creating and managing a master communications calendar.
• Work closely with internal United Way of Central Indiana teams to develop and implement department specific communications plans, guaranteeing brand and message continuity across the organization.
• Serve as an editor for all marketing and communications projects.
• Create and coordinate product content for organization-wide sales enablement tools.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field. Knowledge of the nonprofit sector is a plus. At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience preferred. Experience in writing and editing content for social, email and web is required. Intermediate CMS, WordPress and basic HTML skills preferred. Proven experience working collaboratively in a complex organization preferred. Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 19 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an
environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com