Strategic Audience Engagement Senior Manager - United Way of Central Indiana
- 01-Jul-2019 to 30-Jul-2019
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Upper $50's
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Fundraising & Engagement Team
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Senior Manager of Strategic Audience Engagement will lead the creation and execution of innovative strategies to attract, cultivate and retain individual donors to optimize the experience for members of United Way of Central Indiana's current Affinity Groups (Women United, Diversity Leadership Circle, Emerging Leaders, LINC and Retire United). The Senior Manager will work closely with their team, as well as work across teams in the organization, to create and execute the strategies to maintain and grow the giving and engagement of individual donors. The Senior Manager is also responsible for setting and achieving annual fundraising goals around donor acquisition, donor retention, donor growth, as well as engagement of donors in specific segments.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Fundraising: The Senior Manager, in conjunction with the affinity group team, will set goals for all Affinity Groups that are based on giving level. Goals will include overall dollars raised, donor retention, donor acquisition and donor growth. Goals for membership will be set and will include new members, overall member numbers and member retention. The Senior Manager will assist in the design of metrics to determine success within cause related engagement groups. The Senior Manager will also work closely with the Chief Fundraising & Engagement Officer and Volunteer Engagement Senior Director to ensure coordination of fundraising efforts. Conducts a minimum of 4 individual donor calls each month.
• Strategy Development: Responsible for creating and driving innovative strategies that will optimize donor experiences with members of UWCI's current Affinity Groups, both donor giving level driven and cause related. This strategy will include investigating other Central Indiana related groups, designing new opportunities and/or revitalizing existing efforts with outside voices and incorporating meaningful opportunities for community members to be inspired to be part of the United Way movement. Strategy may also include the execution of events, development of sponsorship opportunities, etc. Execution of developed strategies is the responsibility of the Senior Manager in partnership with their team, as well as support from across the organization.
• Retire United: Provide leadership, strategy development and execution for Retire United, including volunteer, donor and dollar goal setting and attainment and meaningful engagement for donors at or nearing retirement.
• Leadership: Provide superVISIon and clear direction for the Affinity Group Managers (positions listed below). Assure coordinated and clear individual and team goals are identified and monitored. Provide guidance and direction to team members while promoting individual thinking, innovation, excellence and development. Regular and meaningful updates with each team member is expected, including bi-weekly one on one meetings, effective team meetings driving strategy execution and goal attainment.
• Annual Goals: Serve on cross functional teams as needed to further the mission of UWCI team to ensure the success of the Affinity Groups and that goals reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization. Achieve the annual fundraising, engagement, and donor call goals.
• Constituent Relationships: Work with UWCI's Impact Fund Leaders to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work, UWCI goals and priorities to constituents. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
• Volunteer Management: Design and implement a volunteer leadership structure for all Affinity Groups that provide leadership and engagement opportunities for volunteers in an efficient and meaningful manner. Recruit volunteers to participate in UWCI activities assuring meaningful volunteer experiences. Inspire, motivate, optimize, empower to action, create guidelines and let volunteers achieve their goals.
• Relationships: Identify opportunities for community collaboration. Develop and maintain regular contact with community partners, donor affinity group prospects and volunteers. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
• Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential. Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree with 3 to 5 years of demonstrated history of successful sales, fundraising, or relevant experience and strategy development required. Focus in philanthropic studies, public administration, business, marketing or other related field with business or social services experiences preferred. Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com