Mental Wellness Counselor - Exodus Refugee Immigration
- 01-Jul-2019 to 30-Jul-2019
- - Exodus Refugee Immigration Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefits package
The primary goal of the Mental Wellness Counselor is to provide direct mental health services to Exodus clients that are culturally and linguistically appropriate through the agency's Mental Wellness (MW) Program. The Counselor will provide individual treatment as well as develop and implement group treatments. Exodus Refugee Immigration welcomes refugees to Indiana and offers them a place to call home. We work to arrange housing, food and clothing, case management, as well as education, employment and health services for individuals and families starting out in their new lives. As an independent, non-sectarian, se1(c)(3), and non-profit agency, Exodus is part of a network that works with Church World Service's Immigration and Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) in the resettlement of refugees from all over the world.
1. The Mental Wellness Counselor provides individual counseling, family counseling, group therapy, and psycho-educational sessions directly to clients in the office and through home-based services.
2. Coordinates personal schedule and the schedule of interpreters as needed for sessions.
3. Advocates for a comprehensive continuum of mental health services available to Exodus clients with our community partners and providers.
4. Provides case consultation services to Exodus staff and partnering agencies.
5. Keeps appropriate and detailed records.
6. Complies with all relevant agency, state, and federal regulations.
7. Clearly tracks outcomes of service for grants.
8. Prepares client reports within required deadlines.
9. Coordinates with other Exodus program staff in regards to client needs that arise throughout the program period and makes referrals accordingly.
1e. Attends weekly staff and team meetings.
11. Participates in regular clinical supervision.
12. Attends professional training as needed to maintain clinical licensure.
13. Participates in Exodus staff training and development activities.
14. Performs other duties as may be required by the supervisor.
• Will possess a Master's degree and must hold or be pursuing a professional license as a Mental Health Counselor or Clinical Social Worker.
• Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Mental Health or related field.
• Will have experience and knowledge in trauma informed treatment modalities.
• Experience in additional therapeutic modalities, such as art or other expressive therapies is preferred.
• International experience or experience working with other cultures preferred.
• Familiar or able to quickly familiarize themselves with the local social services available in the community.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with clients of diverse cultural backgrounds and languages and be comfortable with the use of interpreters in a clinical setting.
• Must possess strong record-keeping skills.
• Must be able to work occasional hours outside of normal business hours.
• Must be a self-starter with a high level of organizational skill, flexibility, and commitment to refugees.
• Must be able to function as part of a team.
• PC proficiency, competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive, etc.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com