SNAP Outreach Specialist - Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- 01-Jul-2019 to 30-Jul-2019
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The SNAP Outreach Specialist will provide support to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Primary focus will be outreach to communities within the Gleaners Food Bank service area. All responsibilities shall be consistent with Gleaners Food Bank's mission to lead the fight against hunger.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
• Provide support to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
o Conduct direct SNAP outreach, pre-screening, and application assistance to clients at select locations.
o Assist pre-screened clients with completing SNAP applications by phone or in-person.
o Provide detailed explanation of SNAP eligibility and benefits to clients, volunteers, and staff.
o Disseminate informational materials developed for and provided by Gleaners for SNAP outreach marketing purposes.
o Identify high-volume locations to conduct SNAP outreach.
o Assist with educating community partners about SNAP and its importance to clients & the community.
o Follow procedures necessary for maintaining strict client confidentiality.
• Administrative duties:
o Perform client follow-up as needed for successful application completion, including but not limited to preparing client application mailing packets and submitting client applications to FSSA.
o Assist with implementing and analyzing evaluation measures.
o Assist in helping to track and report on SNAP-related metrics and key program deliverables.
o Ensure that Gleaners always exemplifies the highest standards of customer service.
o Ensure that all customers are dealt with in a warm, courteous, and helpful manner.
o Verify timely response to agencies at all times and satisfactory resolution of any issues.
• Provide support in outreach efforts as it relates to the strategic plan of "reducing the line".
• Complete all functions while demonstrating behaviors consistent with Gleaners' mission, vision and values and as a public representative of the organizations.
• Work across departments in order to support a comprehensive and integrated approach to decreasing service gaps.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative research in tandem with SNAP Outreach Manager in order to provide the most current information relative to the organization's efforts to reduce hunger throughout its service area.
• As needed, provide input for organizational communications, including story bank, newsletter, website content, etc.
• Participate in departmental planning, budgeting, and staff development.
• Assist with long-range planning as needed.
• Provide information for fiscal year-end audit as needed.
• Provide information for Feeding America's Annual Network Activity Report, biennial audit, and other reports as needed.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma and some college or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years' work experience in a related field.
• Experience in customer service or quality assurance.
• Ability to maintain accurate customer files and complete required reports.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and presentation skills.
• Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
• Basic math and problem-solving skills.
• Computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, and other office equipment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint and Google Docs.
• Ability to work in databases.
• Valid driver's license/Clean driving record /Must be insurable by company vehicle insurance provider.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and relationship management skills.
• Outstanding public demeanor for dealing with agencies, coworkers, volunteers and donors.
• Initiative/self-starter/ability to work without close supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with multifaceted demands.
• Demonstrated ability to pleasantly work under pressure and to meet internal and multiple project deadlines.
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
• Communication: Communicates verbal and written ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; listens to others and seeks to understand others' perspectives.
• Customer Service: Responds to internal and external customer needs in a timely and professional manner; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing a high level of customer service.
• Reliability/Dependability: Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly, and on time; arrives on-time to work and meeting; accepts assignments and follows through on promises and all aspects of assigned work.
• Respect and Integrity: Delivers honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive environment.
• Teamwork: Collaborates with and supports coworkers on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; provides adequate lead time for others to meet deadlines; is willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
• Work Habits/Planning: Effectively plans, organizes, and prioritizes work; displays a positive attitude and remains consistent in work actions and the ability to support the team/organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Ability to push, pull, lift, move and carry up to 25 pounds up to 10% of the time.
• Ability to move within/between Department or Facility.
• Ability to sit and stand.
• Ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to feel and have manual dexterity.
• Ability to see and use color perception (red, green, etc.).
• Legally be able to drive (local and over the road).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Office/Warehouse/Distribution Environment.
• Exposure to abnormally hot/cold environment.
• Fast paced & deadline oriented.
• Frequent use of a computer.
• Works independently and with others.
• Flexible work schedule (i.e. weekends and/or evenings).
• Travel up to 85% of the time, with occasional overnight stays.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Gleaners Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com