Urban Tech Career Coach - Indianapolis Urban League (IUL)
- 01-Jul-2019 to 30-Jul-2019
- - Indianapolis Urban League
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Urban Tech Career Coach will provide direct career coaching services to Urban Tech Jobs Program (UTJP) participants. Assists with facilitating monthly work readiness workshops and administers career assessments; conducts job search skills and mock interviewing workshops; assists participants with creating resumes, cover letters, assists with developing IT hiring initiatives, ensures that UTJP participants meet hiring requirements for specific IT positions; assist with placing program participants into IT employment and/or training; and network in public and private sectors to promote UTJP awareness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Communicates with public via email and/or telephone about UTJP
• Identifies employment barriers and makes appropriate referrals to address and/or eliminate barriers
• Confirms and documents job placements and retention, and provides data monthly to WD Senior Director
• Assists participants with developing short and long-term goals, and Individualized Performance Plans (IPP)
• Communicates with local training programs to confirm enrollment and program completion information
• Provides job search techniques and labor market information during monthly work readiness workshops
• Counsels program participants on various interview techniques
• Communicates with prospective program participants about UTJP
• Provide IT job leads via email and telephone
• Assists with scheduling interviews and provide retention services to UTJP program participants and employers
• Assist with establishing and nurturing IT employer contacts
• Enters all data into ETO and Urban Tech PDM databases
• Conduct monthly follow-up with program participants
• Attend workshops, seminars or conferences annually to further enhance skills, knowledge and capacity as Workforce Development Professional
• Carry out other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) preferred from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Spanish desirable but not required.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com