Program Manager, I Need You To Listen, Hear & Understand Me (INYLHUM) - Indianapolis Urban League (IUL)
- 01-Jul-2019 to 30-Jul-2019
- - Indianapolis Urban League
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The position will be responsible for assisting with coordination, facilitation and administration of the I Need You To Listen Hear and Understand Me (INYLHUM) tour presentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under general direction provides direct services for the day-to-day functions of the INYLHUM Tour Presentation.
• Identify and create relationships and communicate with school administrators, teachers and additional staff regarding securing the INYLHUM program venues, and school locations.
• Identify, create and implement high quality programming and curriculum for the INYLHUM program, built on best practices in the field.
• Facilitate educational presentations at schools, community organizations and at major community-wide special events.
• Provides support to additional health and wellness department programs and events, specifically the Special Populations Support Program, World AIDS Day, AIDS Walk and other major departmental events and holidays.
• Create and maintain participation reports for all INYLHUM programs and initiatives.
• Analyze aggregate site specific health data to identify trends and the potential need for preventative HIV and STI educational resources in specific locations.
• Ensure compliance with all requirements of funders of the INYLHUM Tour Presentation as required, including grant reporting: maintaining files, data tracking in Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) system, and enrollment numbers.
• Ensure effective systems to track program outcomes; regularly evaluate program components to ensure that the requirements of funders are met and that outcomes measurements are produced that can be effectively communicated to Executive Board members, funders, and other stakeholders and that can be used to drive program improvement.
• Identify and reach out to community partners to create programming opportunities; Build partnerships with volunteers, community members, and other organizations that provide services to the youth; formalize these partnerships with MOUs.
• Aptitude to provide consistent status reports to management regarding the INYLHUM program.
• Communicates clearly and in a timely fashion with partnering agencies, and community inquiries on all aspects of current and upcoming INYLHUM programs and initiatives.
• Assist with the design and dissemination of prevention and health education materials and promotional materials for all programs, and events.
• Attend trainings and conferences relating to HIV and STI prevention, treatment and care to improve knowledge, skills and abilities when relating to youth.
• Regularly communicate with team members, including weekly meetings with the Director of Health and Wellness, monthly Staff Meetings, program development meetings and other meetings as necessary.
• Support IUL Leadership and other staff through participation in fundraising events, tours, meetings with current or potential funders or donors, news stories, thank you letters to supporters, assistance with grant proposals, and identification of needs and communication of success stories.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-2 years' experience working in a program or organization serving youth.
• Experience working with at risk populations in the areas of HIV, substance abuse, recovery and counseling, medical or other health and wellness related field.
• Ability to work with diverse staff, and community members
• Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com