Development Officer - Sheltering Wings
- 08-Jul-2019 to 06-Aug-2019
- - Sheltering Wings
- Danville, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Development Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, churches and foundations donor gift prospects and donors, specifically for gifts up to $2,500 to support the mission of Sheltering Wings. S/he is also responsible for maintaining a portfolio of 100 relationships with the expectation of raising significant resources for Shelter initiatives with a minimum of 10 face-to-face visits monthly. Essential to this role will be the ability to develop strong working collaborative relationships with Shelter administration, Development committee and other key members and associates of Sheltering Wings.
Requirements for the Position:
1. Full commitment and dedication to the mission statement of Sheltering Wings
2. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Non-Profit/Fundraising or Business
3. Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working in direct fundraising
2. Outstanding oral and written communication skills
3. Proven Networking Skills and Relationship Building
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Strong in creative, planning, organizational and administrative skills
6. Proven experience in a professional environment requiring excellent software technology application skills
7. Ability to work flexible hours and events can and will include some evenings and weekends
Preferred but not required:
1. Donor relationships in Marion and Hendricks County
2. Prior fundraising for non-for profit domestic violence shelter
3. Experience working with Raiser's Edge/NXT database platform
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Amy O'Hearn.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com