Staff Accountant - Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- 08-Jul-2019 to 03-Aug-2019
- - Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Will provide compensation information in interview process
- Full Time
The Archdiocese of Indianapolis is seeking a full-time Accountant for the Office of Accounting Services, primarily supporting our Catholic Charities agencies. We are looking for candidates that desire a family-first work environment (4 day work week, 35 hours) with a heart for serving those in need.
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis comprises 129 parishes, 68 schools, six Catholic Charities agencies and many offices of ministry across central and southern Indiana.
• Record journal entries for offsite deposits
• Record journal entries for electronic deposits
• Review and reconcile client A/R and record journal entries
• Coordinate school social work billing and A/R collection
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Monitor bank account balances for agency checking accounts and initiate account transfers as needed
• Maintain project grants for specific funding sources and provide project reporting as needed
• Prepare grant claims and related entries for specific program grants and assist with grant management/reporting
• Assist in maintaining grant summary report, including obtaining and reviewing grant agreements and contracts
• Serve as backup for other staff and perform other duties as required to contribute to the efficiency of the accounting office
The position requires thorough knowledge of accounting, proficiency with information technology, specifically Excel and general ledger software (Sage Intacct), analytical and problem solving skills, a willingness to work well with others in a variety of settings, the ability to perform detailed work with accuracy and meet required deadlines, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
A bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or a related field is required, in addition to at least 2 years of accounting experience (preferred).
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com