Senior Consultant – Resource Development - Thomas P. Miller & Associates (TPMA)
- 12-Jul-2019 to 10-Sep-2019
- - Thomas P. Miller and Associates
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary range is commensurate with experience plus a performance incentive of up to 10% of base salary based on over all company profitability.
- Full Time
Thomas P. Miller & Associates (TPMA) envisions a world that thinks strategically, works collaboratively, and acts sustainably. In keeping with that vision, we empower organizations and communities through strategic partnerships and informed solutions that create positive, sustainable change.
As we grow our work and our reach, TPMA seeks a team-oriented professional that will coordinate our resource identification efforts with existing clients and organize our internal staff to link grant opportunities with clients and new business opportunities.
Candidates should have experience in the non-profit sector, preferably with grant services (prospect research, program development, proposal writing, and sustainability planning) and advancement activities. Prior work with and/or relationships with national foundations is preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, writing, and time management skills and will be highly self-motivated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master's degree preferred and 2-3 years of experience cultivating funding for non-profit organizations OR Bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
• Degree in Nonprofit Management, Philanthropic Services, Public Administration, Business, Economics, Marketing, Communication, English or related field.
• Experience in project management, grant development (prospect research, program development, proposal writing, and sustainability planning), and advancement activities.
• Experience working with and securing federal and state grant funding.
• Experience working with and securing regional and national foundations to secure grant funding.
• Knowledge and experience with strategic planning methodologies and implementation.
• Knowledge and experience working with various types of 501 (c) organizations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide resource development services support to projects across TPMA's portfolio of projects.
• Manage relationships with funding organizations including corporate and private foundations.
• Research and disseminate information on grant opportunities as announced.
• Organize and manage grant writing processes amongst multiple team members and organizations.
• Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices in advancement practices.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Efficient project management skills to be applied in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to initiate and engage in discussions with foundations and federal agencies
• Strong attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Successfully adapt to a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines
• Effectively manage client expectations and demands
• Efficient prioritization of projects and tasks
• Effectively work on teams and interact with senior- and junior-level staff
TRAVEL: In-state and out-of-state travel is required and estimated at 10-20%.
Position will be based in Indianapolis, Indiana; however, alternative arrangements will be considered for the right candidate. Please indicate willingness to relocate in cover letter.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirements to Jonathan Faris, Director of Business Development
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com