Funeral Home and Tissue Hospital Liaison - Indiana Donor Network
- 12-Jul-2019 to 10-Aug-2019
- - Indiana Donor Network
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
At Indiana Donor Network, you'll be part of something that matters. A mission that turns tragedies into hope and gives thousands a second chance to live their lives fully. Over the last 30 years, our mission has never wavered – saving and healing lives through organ, tissue and eye donation and transplantation. Come make history with the brightest, most passionate people working in every discipline.
Indiana Donor Network is one of 58 designated organ recovery organizations in the United States and coordinates organ, tissue and eye donation throughout the state. Indiana Donor Network is devoted to public education about donation and transplantation with the goal of saving and enhancing more lives.
SPECIFICALLY, INDIANA DONOR NETWORK:
• Provides Hoosiers with information needed to make an informed decision about donation
• Offers access to the Indiana Donor Registry so people can register their decision
• Evaluates potential donors for medical suitability to donate organs and/or tissue
• Coordinates the donation process according to federal regulations and with the utmost respect for medical ethics
• Offers grief support services to families before, during and after donation
• Educates healthcare professionals about the donation process
• Assists Indiana hospitals in developing donation policies and procedures.
This position serves as the Donation Liaison to Indiana's funeral directors and select tissue hospitals within the 85 counties served by Indiana Donor Network. The position provides key communications, education service activities and issue resolution designed to support the highest level of organ and/or tissue donation outcomes on donor cases that may be affected by the actions of these professions.
Key results areas include:
• Serves as the organ tissue donation liaison to key unit nursing management, nursing staff, physicians, hospital leadership and Indiana Donor Network personnel, who participate in the management and facilitation of a potential organ or tissue donors within the Indiana Donor Network designated service area. The position will work collaboratively with the hospital to review, develop, or revise hospital donation policies that ensure that hospital and Indiana Donor Network are compliant with various regulatory bodies, and that tissue donations achieve the highest possible outcomes.
• Serves as the donation advocate and consultant to funeral homes within the Indiana Donor Network designated service area. The position will work collaboratively with funeral directors and the IFDA to review and develop donation policies and procedures that support donation and are ideally compatible with funeral director family support and service provision.
• Maintains appropriate documentation of essential activities
• Participates in projects, committees or initiatives that enhance or improve the overall success or culture of the organization
An Associate's Degree in mortuary science, or a Bachelor's degree preferably in marketing/communications, business, criminal justice or health-related fields, is required, as well as 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Preference given to candidates with a working knowledge of coroner role, funeral director role and Indiana law related to both professions.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com