Executive Director (Louisville, KY) - Center for Neighborhoods
- 12-Jul-2019 to 10-Aug-2019
- - Center for Neighborhoods
- Louisville, KY, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience; anticipated range is in $70s.
- Full Time
With enthusiastic support from Louisville's largest foundations, leading philanthropists and the Mayor's office, the Center For Neighborhoods is seeking a motivated, skilled Executive Director with experience in nonprofit administration and grassroots community planning and development. We are seeking someone to lead the organization into its next chapter of growth through the implementation of a newly adopted strategic plan – a visionary leader to inspire and motivate community organizers and neighbors to come together for a better Louisville.
The Center For Neighborhoods Mission and Vision . . .
For over 45 years, Center For Neighborhoods (CFN) has supported and empowered neighborhoods to create stronger and more vibrant communities using an asset based community development philosophy. We work in relationship driven neighborhood engagement, leadership development education, and community based planning and design, along with a focus on community development, creating a sense of place, and improving the built environment. CFN envisions a Louisville community of unique neighborhoods led by engaged neighbors creating places that provide a high quality of life and equitable access to opportunity for all people.
Specifically the New, Full-time Executive Director will . . .
• Represent the organization at public meetings and events; and initiate and strengthen partnerships and external relationships in the private and public sector
• Manage execution of the strategic plan; research and evaluate program development opportunities;
and develop and oversee needed policies and procedures for governance
• Work with the Development Director and Board Chair to develop and manage a fundraising plan and
assist in cultivating and soliciting gifts and grants while focusing on expansion of unrestricted funding
sources and new revenue opportunities
• Working with Program staff, contractors and volunteers, develop outcome measures and evaluation
for programs; and provide direct support to program team
• Manage and motivate staff to accomplish goals in a team environment; recruit staff, interns and volunteers to assist in program work; and develop individual work programs, conduct annual staff evaluations and set performance measures for future work
• Develop agendas and fiscal reports for monthly board meetings; provide support to the Board and Committees; and support the recruitment of new Board and Committee Members
• Monitor this $900,000 organization's fiscal operations, including developing and administrating an annual budget while fostering a culture of fiscal responsibility
The Executive Director must have had Experience with . . .
• Building collaborative and relationship driven community development
• Working in or with Community Development Corporations (CDC)
• Fundraising experience, including relationship cultivation, major gift solicitation and stewardship
• Staff supervision including leadership, communication and team building skills
• Working with and supporting the success of nonprofit Boards and volunteer leaders
• Developing and implementing strategic objectives to grow an organization
And has the Following Qualifications . . .
• Understanding of the nature and purpose of CFN with a strong commitment to the CFN mission;
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community; track-record of building authentic, constructive relationships and collaborations
• Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred); education in Urban Planning, Public or Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, or similar fields a plus
• 5+ years of administrative supervisory experience required with experience in a nonprofit preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills with professional presentation, social media, and philanthropic marketing skills in particular.
Sitting on the banks of the Ohio River and fondly nicknamed, "Bourbon City," Louisville, Kentucky is one of the most uniquely authentic places on the planet! This busy, growing city is home to several corporate headquarters, including Broadway Across America, and is a "Top 10 Best New Food City" in America. Long known as home of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs, Louisville is steadily gaining notice for its extensive park system; low cost of living; vibrant arts scene; nationally renowned collegiate sports teams; and world-renown music festivals like Forecastle and Bourbon and Beyond. But the best part of Louisville lies in its distinctive urban and suburban, as well as historic, neighborhoods, and Louisville is truly fortunate to have the Center For Neighborhoods continually working to support and energize those communities.
We Invite You to Apply to Lead the Center For Neighborhoods . . .
Click the APPLY button to submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to our search counsel.
No phone calls please.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com