Operations & Finance Manager - Overdose Lifeline (ODL)
- 15-Jul-2019 to 13-Aug-2019
- - Overdose Lifeline, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Time
Overdose Lifeline (ODL) is currently seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented leader to serve as Operations & Finance Manager. Overdose Lifeline (ODL) is an Indianapolis-based nonprofit serving the State of Indiana with programs used across the nation. ODL addresses the chronic disease of substance use disorder and the opioid public health crisis.
The Operations & Finance Manager manages day-to-day office activity and plays a critical role in supporting finance, administrative, and HR activities to ensure the effectiveness of the Leadership team, the office, and the wider organization in helping to meet ODL's mission. The Operations & Finance Manager is an important voice for ODL, often serving as the first point-of-contact for external parties. S/He/They leads operations (information technology, compliance, facilities management, and general administration) functions and supports financial management and HR processes and organizational governance. S/He/They works closely with Leadership to facilitate coordination and communication between all staff functions with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems by anticipating ODL's changing needs and developing swift, effective responses to them. Candidates should be self-motivated and outcome-oriented, with a strong commitment to addressing substance use disorder as a chronic disease and preventing death from opioid use disorder.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Essential Functions/ Day-to-Day Management
● Problem-solve, investigate, provide guidance, or secure assistance needed to address organizational support needs.
● Manage office needs and provide support, including ordering, storing, and organizing supplies; obtaining and maintaining equipment; reception; and mail & fax distribution, as well as providing orientation to new staff, interns, and volunteers.
● Provide staff support, including assistance with the preparation of meeting materials; scheduling conference calls & meetings; coordinating webinars; assisting with travel; and other tasks that facilitate ODL's effectiveness.
● Maintain organizational lists, calendars, manuals, and files, serving as the primary contact for adding events to the ODL calendar
● Maintain operational manuals and SOPs and ensure last updates are provided to staff via current communications channels.
● Keep informed about tools, trainings, studies, and reports that can strengthen our internal capacity and incorporate them into our strategies and long-term goals.
● Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to provide feedback on operations and monitor staff compliance with and suggested improvements to existing policies and procedures. Financial Management & Sustainability
● Working in collaboration with external accountant, support the fiscal function in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) consistent with the mission, goals, and objectives of the organization.
● Coordinate in-house accounting/bookkeeping function, including recordkeeping.
● Manage the accounts payable and check disbursement process.
● Manage the accounts receivable and cash receipts process, including invoicing and oversight of bank deposits.
● Participate in annual audit process and help to ensure that appropriate fiscal procedures, recordkeeping, and internal controls are established, practiced, and maintained to safeguard ODL.
● Coordinate year-end tax compliance reporting, including the filing of 1099s and other information, as required. Legal Compliance & Risk Management
● Coordinate contracts and agreements from development through execution, with guidance from Leadership.
● Coordinate risk management and organizational compliance functions, including authoring organizational policy documents and supporting documentation and conducting regular compliance checks.
● Serve as reception and administrative point of contact for the organization.
● Spearhead improvements and systems changes (support, software/ equipment, recordkeeping, back-up, external help).
● Represent the organization at conferences, professional associations, and other public venues, as needed.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
● Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
● Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems and federal & state financial regulations, a plus
● Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections, a plus
● Knowledge of human resources, employment, and laws and regulations as well as ability to identify and develop HR policies on emerging issues
● Energetic performer consistently cited for unbridled passion for work, positive disposition, and upbeat attitude
● Highly adaptable, mobile, positive, resilient, entrepreneurial, patient risk-taker who is open to new ideas
● Strong project manager with clear expectations for timelines and deliverables
● Able to achieve results while dealing with ambiguity and a rapid pace of change
● Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, resolving issues proactively and creatively
● Education and Experience Required
● Strong track record as a relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for operational excellence, and partnering with an Executive Director and Leadership Team.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combined education/experience
● At least five (5) years in a related field in a management or leadership role
● Commitment to and experience with nonprofit organizations
● Demonstrated track record of excellent professional writing, communication and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
● Experience working with and counseling senior management
● Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal
● Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning Education and Experience Desired (Optional)
● Experience working with accounting software, such as QuickBooks Online, maintaining databases, and cloud-based project management and file storage applications
● PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-SCP certification, a plus
● Graduate degree in a related field or equivalent combined education/experience
● Interest in ODL's mission, public interest advocacy and substance misuse issues.
Full-time position. Reports to Executive Director.
Minimal travel required.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume, cover letter summarizing interests & qualifications, and two writing samples. No phone calls, please.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com