Youth Employment Specialist - Community Alliance of the Far Eastside (CAFE)
- 22-Jul-2019 to 20-Aug-2019
- - Community Alliance of the Far Eastside, Inc. (CAFE)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Full Time
Youth Employment Specialist is tasked with the career and education coaching for CAFE clients age 16-25 years of age.
• Provide Direct Client Services / Career Coaching / Youth Employment
• Determine appropriate service plans, coach clients on employment and education and training opportunities.
• Assist all program participants with all aspects of their job search.
• Assist all program participants to access services and make referrals as needed.
• Facilitate employment and group workshops.
• Schedule, organize and attend mock interviews, and job fairs.
• Assess client's needs using the 14 core service elements.
• Work with participants who have completed Power Huddle to create an Individual Success Strategy (I.S.S.)
• Career Navigating participants along the A-B-C, Any job, Better job and Career model.
• Assist participants in identifying career interest and declare an industry path (i.e. construction, manufacturing, healthcare, logistics, IT, etc.)
• Ensure that all participants complete the T.A.B.E. Assessment.
• Coordination and Program Management
• Coordinate all aspects of the Youth Employment Services (YES) program, including documenting and securing approval for all voucher funding, and supportive services.
• Submit monthly billing for all YES contract deliverables and prepare contract status reports and audits with proper documentation.
• Data Entry / Administration
• Collect all required paperwork, administer all testing, and maintain accurate and complete files.
• Enroll participants into ETO and YES-ETO data bases in a timely and accurate manner and document all client interactions.
• Minimum education- High School or GED, College preferred
• Ability to relate to the clients and build relationships fostering mutual respect
• Knowledge of career and job opportunities
• Knowledge of Indiana Career Connect (ICC) case management system desired but not required
• Prior experience within the Workforce Development or WorkOne Career system desired but not required
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Time management required to identify priorities; able to manage multiple and competing priorities effectively
• Dependable; flexible scheduling as needed
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the competencies and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com