Culinary Program Manager - John P. Craine House, Inc.
- 22-Jul-2019 to 20-Aug-2019
- - John P. Craine House
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Dental, vision, life, and critical illness insurance are available upon the completion of 90 consecutive days of service. Retirement plan is available after 1 full year of service. Up to 80 hours of PTO and 10 paid holidays.
John P. Craine House is a private non-profit organization providing housing and support services for female offenders who qualify for this minimum security, work-release program. The Culinary Program Manager is responsible for planning, preparing, and serving all meals in addition to maintaining our Culinary Program.
As one of the few programs of its kind in the country, the clients of Craine House are not only the adult offenders but their young children as well. Pregnant women are also accepted into the program. Children live with their mothers, which allows crucial mother-child bonding to take hold. Our mission promotes the development of life skills in our clients, resulting in healthier mothers who are equipped to nurture and care for themselves and their children. Breaking the cycle of abuse, addictions, crime and poverty is achieved through on-site programming and therapy.
The Culinary Program Manager is a hands-on leader who is in charge of overseeing kitchen staff and managing daily kitchen operations. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Plan, prepare, and serve balanced meals
• Oversee and maintain the commercial kitchen, ensuring all sanitation standards are met
• Ensure compliance with regulations and policies set forth by the organization and the Marion Co. Health Dept.
• Assist with budgeting and monitoring expenses
• Provide training and guidance to all staff and residents in the proper use of kitchen equipment
• Assist with the hiring and evaluation of kitchen staff
• Assist the Executive Director to develop and expand culinary programming
• Facilitate ongoing culinary classes for residents and oversee ServSafe certification tests
• Support and develop partnerships with related agencies
• Generate accurate and timely monthly reports as required for correctional partners
• Bachelor degree in a related field or at least five (5) years of experience is required
• Proven managerial experience and abilities with an aptitude for problem solving
• Experience with a non-profit is preferred; experience in foodservice industry, management a plus
• Must have or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certified food handler program
• Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and quality standards
• Must have the ability to take and give directions well
• Proficient in MS Office, database programs and software
• Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Be trained in or willing to attend training for CPR and First Aid
• Undergo a background investigation that includes previous employment, personal/professional references, and a criminal records check
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
2. Talk about your personal professional development efforts and how you stay current on rules and regulations that affect your work?
3. In your most recent position, how did you ensure that your programs matched the needs of your clients/community and were of very high quality compared to other providers?
4. Explain how you have used program evaluation to: a. Improve program effectiveness b. Attract funding or equip your organization to better tell its story
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by 3:00PM on August 20, 2019.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com