Program Communications and Events Specialist - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 29-Jul-2019 to 16-Aug-2019
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This role supports matches with intentional activities and events to support longer match satisfaction and retention.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
Program Activities and Events: Assist with/Lead Agency Match Activities
• Compile content and design for invitations, all program communications, and materials.
• Oversee ticket distribution and coordination.
• Create and execute partner recognition.
• Assist with or lead match activities as assigned with a high level of customer service, including invitation, registration, program materials, and follow up.
• Ensure on-going maintenance and creation of Big App activities.
• Complete after events documentation and tracking on a weekly basis.
• Assist with the Discount Partner Program comprised of partners that offer ongoing discounts for matches.
The Big App: Manage Administration and Maintain and Grow Content
• Enter current Bigs into The Big App as requested.
• Work with MRS to ensure Bigs are using The Big App.
• Add new content into The Big App on an ongoing basis ensuring variety of indicators and ages.
• Maintain sponsorship recognition.
• Oversee Admin site.
• Work with CPO as new agencies are brought into The Big App.
• Manage push notifications.
• Ensure Big App users data and content accuracy.
• Format and send monthly user reports to other agencies.
Program Communications: Promote Agency Brand to all Constituents in Coordination with Marketing team. Manage Program Communications and Ensure Brand Alignment through Coordination with Marketing Team.
• Help design needed event flyers by inputting text into pre-made flyers.
• Manage and update program components of agency website; update Bigs-only section, program partner information, and program events.
• Lead development of small video pieces that will attract volunteers, steward donors/funders, enhance retention efforts, and/or build awareness.
• Assist in development of match stories.
• Organize files on J drive for program staff; ensure proper labeling of photos, stories, and files, and purging of out-of-date documents, files, or corrupted photos.
• At events, create social media content for Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc.
Program Support: Provide Program and Administrative Support to Program Team
• Provide program administrative support and work on special projects as needed and approved by CPO.
• Assist with activity and program evaluation.
• Assist with dissemination of program policy updates.
• Assist with Program Board Committees and Task Force groups as assigned.
• Maintain working collaboration with Match Relationship Specialist Team to ensure accurate distribution of activity and event information.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Participation in continuing educations programs as requested.
• Previous work experience in an administrative support, event planning, graphic design, social media, marketing and/or communications preferred.
• Experience in assessment and relationship development with child and adult populations; understanding of child development and family dynamics.
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends based on planned events.
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by August 16.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com