Loan Services Manager - King Park Development Corporation
- 29-Jul-2019 to 16-Aug-2019
- - King Park Development Corporation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Loan Services Manager supports the daily lending activities operated by King Park Development Corporation (King Park). A successful applicant will help the advance the missions of King Park's CDFIs - providing affordable, flexible, and responsible capital to businesses and to support the creation of affordable, inclusive, and diverse housing opportunities.
The Loan Services Manager is responsible for fostering and sustaining relationships with borrowers to facilitate the success. Loan Services Manager works to ensure that all transaction entries (payments, advances, new loan advances, general ledge entries, etc.) are accurate, monitored, and balanced. The Loan Services Manager advises borrowers with information to empower them to make decisions that will allow King Park's CDFIs to achieve their mission and goals.
• Initiate, cultivate, and develop relationships with new and existing borrower network
• Provide robust borrower relations and loan servicing to existing borrower network
• Initiate communication with and respond to inquiries from government agencies
• Provide administrative support for all Build Fund functions, including accurate and timely loan documentation, loan servicing, Loan Review Committee meetings, regulatory reporting, and file (hard copy and electronic) file maintenance
• Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, including but not limited to organizational documents, title abstracts, surveys, appraisals, insurance certificates, loan forms, amortization schedules, closing schedules, guarantees, and other documents required to complete files
• Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents
• Monitor accounts for timely payments and compliance with other loan terms
• Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, annual financial audit, and regulatory compliance
• Utilize project management software fully to ensure King Park Executive Director and other King Park staff remain up-to-date on status of all activities
• Maintain appropriate data for use in program reports provided to regulators, funders, and King Park Board of Directors
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstration of commitment King Park's community development mission through:
• Respectful interpersonal communication with all residents, partners, colleagues, funders, and government agency representatives
• Professional presence in community and King Park events
• Continual assessment of the rapidly changing landscape of community development to make informed and confident decisions
• Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to successfully execute King Park goals
• Development and maintenance of professional skills and knowledge
• Ability to work both independently, as well as on collaborative team projects
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage workload to consistently meet deadlines
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College graduate;
• Experience providing exceptional customer service;
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
Preferred Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree;
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to work independently to a deadline;
• Ability to consistently follow guidelines for file quality;
• Ability to consistently meet productivity goals;
• Ability to work collaboratively on team;
• Ability to work independently without supervision;
• Strong organization, computer and customer service skills;
• Strong communications skills including strong writing and presentation skills;
• Ability to travel to borrower site visits and occasional evenings and weekends as needed;
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Relevant experience in federal grant compliance, commercial lending, multi-family lending, or the banking industry;
• Relevant experience in grant writing or grant management;
• Bilingual Spanish/English.
• Competitive nonprofit salary, based on experience;
• Health and life insurance;
• Matching 401K retirement plan.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter with salary range expectations by 12 PM EST on August 16, 2019.
M/F/D/V Equal Opportunity Employer
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com