Individual Donor Manager - United Way of Central Indiana
- 29-Jul-2019 to 27-Aug-2019
- - United Way of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Low to Mid $50’s
- Full Time
- Complete Benefits Package Available
Team VISION, Fundraising
United Way of Central Indiana, recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Individual Donor Manager is a member of Team VISION and is responsible for establishing, maintaining and deepening relationships with individual donors and prospects within the team's corporate portfolio. This position will identify, qualify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective individual donors. This position will be responsible for meeting donor engagement benchmarks and an annual revenue target.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Fundraising: In conjunction with internal partners, develop and implement strategies to grow the revenue generated from individual donors within the TEAM VISION corporate portfolio. Execute strategies to increase, retain and secure new leadership donors and dollars. Responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors. Also responsible for maintaining timely and proper communication with donors and prospects. Work closely with TEAM VISION Managers of Engagement to ensure coordination of efforts.
• Stakeholder Relationships: Work with UWCI's Community Impact and Fundraising team to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work and UWCI goals and priorities to key stakeholders. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator in order to advance engagement and brand value. Assist donors with the pledging process as needed and ensure acknowledgement of gifts are sent in timely manner. Ensure donor related information and activity is recorded in CRM database according to portfolio management process expectations.
• Communication: Develop and maintain regular contact with existing and prospective donors.
Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
• Annual Goals: Work with other members of the UWCI team to ensure goals reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization. Be accountable for a portfolio that consists of 150 donors and 40 prospects. Achieve donor meeting expectations (80 annually) and annual fundraising goals.
• Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree required. *Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
Demonstrated history of soliciting and securing leadership level gifts ($1,500+) is required.
At least two years major gift fundraising experience preferred.
Knowledge of the Central Indiana community and the human service sector is preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside of UWCI, ability to think strategically, and have a commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Must have the ability manage a diverse group of donors, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com