Development Officer - Phi Sigma Kappa Foundation
- 05-Aug-2019 to 04-Sep-2019
- - Phi Sigma Kappa Foundation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Development Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, donor gift prospects and donors. The Officer is also responsible for maintaining a portfolio of 100 relationships with the expectation of raising significant resources for Phi Sigma Kappa with a minimum of 12 face-to-face visits monthly.
The Phi Sigma Kappa Foundation, Inc. is a charitable and educational tax-exempt organization, separate and independent from the Fraternity, whose express purpose is to promote academic excellence and serve as an educational funding resource for the members of Phi Sigma Kappa. Through leadership initiatives such as the Shonk Leadership School, The Zillgitt Leadership Institute, and our scholarship programs, the Phi Sigma Kappa Foundation is preparing our members for a life guided by the Cardinal Principles of Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Character.
A key resource to the success of our Fraternity is its International Headquarters staff–a collection of sharp, energetic, team-oriented people whose primary goal is to make Phi Sigma Kappa the best Fraternity it can be. Staff members excel in creating new programming initiatives designed for personal and chapter development.
1. Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, gift prospects and donors.
2. Work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Advancement on strategies for high-level donor prospects and maintain a personal portfolio of donor prospects.
3. Collaborate staff, Fraternity and Foundation board members, on cooperative fundraising approaches benefiting all areas of Phi Sigma Kappa.
1. Collaborate with the Board and Executive Director to create and execute a development plan which increases revenues to support the Foundation's strategic direction.
2. Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities, including the endowment building initiative, leadership annual giving and gift planning.
3. Build a portfolio of approximately 100 donor prospects and complete approximately 150 face- to-face visits annually, balancing discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
4. Identify staffing needs for campaigns and ongoing development.
5. Conduct research, prospecting, and oversee ongoing development efforts.
6. Train and mentor development/alumni staff and communicate fundraising goals and progress throughout Phi Sigma Kappa.
1. Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of members and constituents;
2. Must have the ability to make decisions quickly, providing that the appropriate information is provided;
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
4. Must have excellent organizational skills, be able to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple priorities, attention to detail, and follow through;
5. Must have initiative and enthusiasm to serve our members and to better the organization
1. BA or BS degree or equivalent.
2. 3 years of prior related fundraising experience in a not-for-profit setting.
3. Should be able to demonstrate successful fundraising experience including knowledge of sales best practices and current trends, and knowledge of marketing and communications.
4. The ability to gracefully handle rejection and bounce back assuring goals are met.
5. Must be able to read, comprehend and analyze financial goals and fundraising reports and generate required reports on a timely basis.
1. Ethics and Integrity – Earns others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions;
2. Results Focus and Initiative – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them;
3. Self-Management – Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals;
4. Tact – Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations;
5. Relationship Building – Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect;
6. Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals;
7. Advocating Causes – Influences others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes;
8. Creative and Innovative Thinking – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges;
9. Accountability and Dependability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight;
10. Timeliness and Time Management – Responds to requests in a timely manner and manages his/her time effectively and efficiently
11. Decision Making and Judgment – Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks;
12. Researching Information – Identifies, collects and organizes data for analysis and decision- making;
13. Adaptability and Flexibility – Adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities;
14. Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks;
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Nick Zuniga.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com