Manager, Donor Engagement & Grants - Early Learning Indiana
- 05-Aug-2019 to 04-Sep-2019
- - Early Learning Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Manager of Donor Engagement and Grants is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic, multi-channel approach to donor messaging, engagement and communications. Leveraging a mix of creative writing and marketing skills, this role will gain an in-depth understanding of the organization, advancement priorities, and donors in order to create a compelling strategy for building and developing Early Learning Indiana's donor base. A critical part of this work will include helping to identify, pursue and shepherd strategic and ongoing grant opportunities.
The mission of Early Learning Indiana is to ensure the highest level of early care and education for children in Indiana. Early Learning Indiana provides leadership, advocacy, and early childhood education services to continually improve the early learning landscape in Indiana.
1. Develop a deep understanding of ELI's organizational strategy, advancement priorities and current constituent base. Leverage knowledge and insights to inform annual planning efforts.
2. Lead the development of donor messaging and communications for key audiences including: individual donors, corporations and philanthropic foundations. Ensure messaging is consistent and compelling across mediums – stories, emails, appeals, grant proposals, event promotions, social media posts and more.
3. Create and execute high-impact annual plans that support the team in meeting key advancement goals. Oversee related engagement channels including: email, web, social media, events, etc.
4. Maintain high-quality marketing materials and collateral (brochures, presentations, etc.) and content to support demand generation and awareness campaigns (e-books, white papers, videos, blogs, etc.). Partner with the Marketing team and/or external designers, as needed, to design and produce assets.
5. Spearhead the drafting, submission and stewardship of grant proposals for the organization, engaging other team members and contract grant writers as needed to support.
6. Manage the organizational grants calendar and ensure the maintenance of current records, including contact management, grant tracking and reporting.
7. Establish and implement a robust stewardship and communication plan to ensure donors stay up-to-date and engaged in key organizational happenings.
8. Institute tools and metrics for evaluating and reporting on donor engagement and the efficacy of various efforts.
9. Remain up-to-date in industry best practice and leading efforts for engaging and communicating with donors of all types.
10. Manage all day-to-day operations of a grants and donor communications. Adhere to department budget. Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies and streamline processes.
11. Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Philanthropy or related field required
• 5+ years of experience in fundraising, development, donor cultivation, grant solicitation or other related field.
• Prior experience in education a plus
• Experience developing and executing a comprehensive marketing and fundraising strategy
• Excellent communication, storytelling and influencing skills
• Familiarity with how nonprofits function, philanthropy and content marketing
• Keen ability to dig into data and translate into actionable insights
• Ability to be creative and think around problems
• Adept at completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Able to foster strong collaborative relationships working in a highly matrixed environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com