Community Outreach Coordinator - National Kidney Foundation of Indiana
- 05-Aug-2019 to 04-Sep-2019
- - National Kidney Foundation of Indiana
- Fishers, IN, USA
- Full Time
The National Kidney Foundation of Indiana seeks a Community Outreach Coordinator to plan and coordinate fundraising events and assist in providing programs statewide. Candidates must demonstrate past success in fundraising and building community support, as well as working as part of a team. This full-time salaried position requires a college degree, a minimum of two years non-profit special events experience, a willingness to travel and work some nights and weekends around events/programs.
The National Kidney Foundation of Indiana seeks a successful and enthusiastic community outreach professional. This position will be responsible for mobilizing the Indianapolis community for Kidney Walk sponsorships, team captains, walkers, and volunteers. Successful candidate will need to learn and articulate programs and services The National Kidney Foundation of Indiana provides and support programing efforts in Indiana.
• Responsible for coordinating and executing The Indianapolis Kidney Walk and World Kidney Day celebrations.
• Identifies, solicits and manages sponsors and supporters; identifies, cultivates, recruits, solicits and stewards Kidney Walk team captains and walkers.
• Assists with identifying and coordinating sponsors, auction and activities related to the Gala.
• Recruits volunteer committee of local NKFI supporters to help plan successful events.
• Secures in-kind sponsors to donate products for events.
• Recruits volunteers to work the events.
• Organizes pre and post event activities; including registration, sponsor tables, entertainment, equipment rentals, flow of event, etc.
• Quickly develops an understanding the programs and services NKFI offers to the local community and an ability to articulate that to others.
• Assists with coordinating and planning for the Indiana Kidney Check, statewide screening program.
• Assists with patient and public education programs/events/health fairs around Indiana.
• Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
• Impressive portfolio of previously managed events, including fundraising goals met
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• Proven ability to work as part of a close team and with volunteer committees
• MS Office proficiency
• Willing to travel across Indiana, including nights and weekends
• College Degree
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Location: Indianapolis, IN (in-state travel required)
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com