AmeriCorps Member - Center for Interfaith Cooperation
- 06-Aug-2019 to 05-Sep-2019
- - Center for Interfaith Cooperation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Living Allowance, Education Award, and Professional Development & Training
Serve through Center for Interfaith Cooperation AmeriCorps at a nonprofit in Indianapolis, IN. Learn and connect with cultural services, faith communities, and resource organizations along with a cohort of service members. Members build quality interfaith relationships that explore community solutions in an asset-based way. Specific position service activities vary per site placement.
Center for Interfaith Cooperation pursues peace through interfaith understanding and cooperation.
To strengthen community in central Indiana and beyond by:
• Supporting existing connections between and among faith communities;
• Fostering additional interfaith opportunities through social, cultural, and educational interactions; and
• Connecting interfaith communities through volunteer service and civic engagement.
Enrich the community efforts of faith groups by building an interfaith and intercultural network that supports the capacity and vitality of individuals and congregations.
• Pursue interfaith understanding, cultural connection, and community vitality through service.
• Serve with a team of other members in a year of nonprofit networking and community-based learning out of the Center for Interfaith Cooperation and partner sites around Central Indiana.
• Learn and use nonprofit best practices to support site organizations and community training opportunities.
• Cultivate a working understanding of root causes of community needs including mental health stigma, implicit bias, resource disparity, social isolation.
• Connect through team training with local experts and professional development
• Build authentic professional relationships with immigrants and refugees, faith groups, and service providers by facilitating and engaging in honest and sensitive conversations.
Applicants of all experiences and identities are eligible.
Available for over 35 hours/week for 11.5 months (1700 hours total)
Interest in nonprofit services in diverse religious and cultural settings.
Minimum education: High School Diploma
Minimum work eligibility: United States Green Card
AmeriCorps Living Allowance: ~$550 biweekly
AmeriCorps Education Award: $6,095 toward tuition or eligible student loads.
Professional Development & Training
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com