Executive Director - Gennesaret Free Clinics, Inc.
- 12-Aug-2019 to 10-Sep-2019
- - Gennesaret/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health insurance reimbursement, retirement match, dental/vision
Imagine you or your child being sick and not being able to afford medical care? Or consider what it would be like to be discharged from a hospital and having to recover from your illness on the street? With a strong history of success and opportunity for growth and expansion, Gennesaret Free Clinics, Inc is seeking a new Executive Director who will advance our mission of providing competent, accessible and compassionate healthcare to homeless and low-income individuals of Indianapolis. We were the first agency in Indianapolis to bring medical care to homeless people, and today we offer medical care at 5 sites plus a dental clinic and mobile medical van. We also offer respite care at our Men's and Women's Recovery Homes so homeless individuals can recover their health after being discharged from the hospital in a safe, clean environment.
The Executive Director is likely a social services or public health professional and will be responsible for the successful support of our clinical sites with a heavy emphasis on fundraising, community partnerships, and team leadership. They will manage our 13 staff and over 200 volunteers with a style that emphasizes compassion and collaboration. They will be a strong, confident, results-oriented leader with the capacity to balance the big picture with the details of daily operations. They can articulate how our work improves healthcare delivery and helps restore respect and dignity to the underserved. Through partnerships across the community, the Executive Director will leverage our outstanding health services to fill a broad range of critical needs. Familiarity with the health care delivery system, public health care, and healthcare advocacy is preferred. Competitive salary and health insurance. Annual budget - $1 mil +.
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree preferred in Non-Profit Management, Social Work, or Business Management
• 5+ years in a supervisory level management position
• Strong interpersonal skills; outstanding verbal and written communication skills including outward facing messaging
• Experience leading revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion, including individual/major gifts, corporate partnerships, grant writing and foundational support
• Financial acumen with experience developing and implementing an annual budget
• Demonstrable experience leading, setting, and implementing institutional strategic plans and organizational growth
• Experience developing community partnerships and strategic alliances for future programs and funding
• Ability to direct and monitor quality patient care and efficient/effective daily operations.
• Ability to advocate/promote the mission of Gennesaret Free Clinic in the community and within the organization
• Experience working with a volunteer base and ability to support an effective volunteer engagement process
• Experience creating a collaborate, team-oriented work culture
This is an incredible opportunity for your leadership to make a real and meaningful impact within an organization and across our community. Regular travel to facilities around the community will be necessary.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Why is this position a great match for you? How does it fit into your career plans?
2. Briefly share your experience in fund development and grant writing/administration.
3. Gennesaret depends on its volunteer workforce of 200 medical professionals. Please share your experience recruiting and/or supporting volunteers.
4. Tell us about experience you have had working with a nonprofit board of directors and successfully engaging them in the work of the organization.
5. Share your experience running the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization or small business. (e.g. financial management, human resources/staff, programs)
6. What role does the Executive Director of an organization like Gennesaret play in raising the visibility of the organization in the community? Briefly share how you might approach it.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com