Youth Program Coordinator - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- 12-Aug-2019 to 06-Sep-2019
- - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Youth Program Coordinator provides support to all aspects of student matinees and auxiliary youth programs. This position also works with the Education Manager to facilitate other student-focused programming for the purpose of increasing student engagement.
• Coordinate group sales to teachers for student matinee performances.
• Execute student matinee performances including: teacher check-in, creating seating charts for house management staff, facilitating post-show discussions, and monitoring student behavior during performances.
• Assist in marketing student matinees to youth groups, home schools and other student-based organizations.
• Assist in the creation of the education marketing materials, in collaboration with Education Manager and Marketing Department.
• Create and maintain educational displays for all OneAmerica Mainstage productions.
• Assist with the Education Manager and Associate Artistic Director on the coordination of additional student programming, including but not limited to: Teacher Advisory Board, Educator Nights, After-School Classes, Artist in the Classroom program, Summer Youth Programming, and Young Playwrights in Process (YPiP).
• Interface with all IRT departments as related to student programs.
• Conduct research projects for the improvement and/or creation of teacher/student offerings.
• Act as ambassador for the IRT at select offsite events.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Education Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following:
• Background in education, theatre, or related humanities field.
• 1-2 years of experience in program management or administration.
• Experience with education or supervising children.
• Experience with lesson plan creation or curriculum building preferred.
• Knowledge of public, private, and charter schools in Indiana preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines and multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to independently problem solve in a timely and empathetic manner.
• Comfortable using different forms of communication including: phone, email, in-person, etc.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
• Familiarity with database software, especially Tessitura.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Geis, by September 6, 2019.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com