Youth Program Coordinator - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- 12-Aug-2019 to 06-Sep-2019
- - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Youth Program Coordinator provides support to all aspects of student matinees and auxiliary youth programs. This position also works with the Education Manager to facilitate other student-focused programming for the purpose of increasing student engagement.
• Coordinate group sales to teachers for student matinee performances.
• Execute student matinee performances including: teacher check-in, creating seating charts for house management staff, facilitating post-show discussions, and monitoring student behavior during performances.
• Assist in marketing student matinees to youth groups, home schools and other student-based organizations.
• Assist in the creation of the education marketing materials, in collaboration with Education Manager and Marketing Department.
• Create and maintain educational displays for all OneAmerica Mainstage productions.
• Assist with the Education Manager and Associate Artistic Director on the coordination of additional student programming, including but not limited to: Teacher Advisory Board, Educator Nights, After-School Classes, Artist in the Classroom program, Summer Youth Programming, and Young Playwrights in Process (YPiP).
• Interface with all IRT departments as related to student programs.
• Conduct research projects for the improvement and/or creation of teacher/student offerings.
• Act as ambassador for the IRT at select offsite events.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Education Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following:
• Background in education, theatre, or related humanities field.
• 1-2 years of experience in program management or administration.
• Experience with education or supervising children.
• Experience with lesson plan creation or curriculum building preferred.
• Knowledge of public, private, and charter schools in Indiana preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines and multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to independently problem solve in a timely and empathetic manner.
• Comfortable using different forms of communication including: phone, email, in-person, etc.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
• Familiarity with database software, especially Tessitura.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Geis, by September 6, 2019.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com