Youth Engagement Specialist - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- 12-Aug-2019 to 13-Sep-2019
- - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Be a part of something BIG! Seeking an individual who is highly motivated, organized, and efficient to excel at providing customer service with clientele.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation's largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes strong, enduring and professionally supported mentoring relationships between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 8 through 18, in communities across the country-including Marion, Hamilton, and Johnson counties in central Indiana. Big Brothers Big Sisters partners with parent/guardians, volunteers, schools, donors and others in the community to be accountable for helping youth in our program achieve 1) educational success, 2) avoidance of risky behaviors, and 3) higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
• Maintain customer service at levels to exceed expectations of our parents, children and partners.
• Process all child inquiries from initial inquiry to scheduled interview, based on department plan and flow chart.
• Conduct initial orientation with inquiring families, which includes program requirements and eligibility and expectations, and assess for initial eligibility.
• Obtain and review any collateral needed prior to interview to assist with eligibility determination.
• Cross-train with Volunteer Engagement Specialist, Enrollment and Matching Specialist, and Matching Specialist to assist during times of need.
• Conduct volunteer and/or youth interviews to ensure agency goals are met.
• Oversee progress with primary program goals, including youth referrals and new matches. Work with program team to improve effectiveness, customer service and overcome challenges.
• Determine which youth should be scheduled for interviews according to agency goals, strategies, and policies and procedures.
• Manage youth inquiry queue and youth waitlist prior to interview.
• Manage and ensure staffing of child recruitment events.
• Tracking and communicating youth recruitment needs.
• Provide administrative and clerical support as requested by the Senior Director of Enrollment and Matching.
• Availability and willingness to work regular evenings and weekend hours as needed.
• Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth and development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
• Ensure accurate documentation is completed in database according to BBBS Standards and Agency policies & procedures.
• Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
• Work with strategically identified external partners (ie. Schools, community centers, corporations, etc.) to build relationships for youth referrals and family resources.
• Staff recruitment booths/tables, match activities and agency events.
• Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Human Services, Social Services, or related field, or experience in social services, education and/or child development
• Required to travel approximately 40% of time to meet agency needs (often in places of employment or individual homes), attend conferences and meetings, etc. Travel is generally within Central Indiana.
• Must have reliable transportation. Drivers of privately-owned vehicles must have valid driver's license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. May be required to transport clients.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
2. What attracts you to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana?
3. Please provide examples of how you stay organized and manage your time.
4. What specifically are you looking for in a new position, and organization?
Click the APPLY button to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by September 13, 2019.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com