Development and Communications Coordinator - Martin Luther King Community Center (MLK Center)
- 12-Aug-2019 to 06-Sep-2019
- - Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $45,000 to $55,000 based on qualifications and experience
- Full Time
Martin Luther King Community Center (MLK Center) is seeking a Development & Communications Coordinator, responsible for the overall success of MLK Center's annual giving program and communications strategies. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Coordinator will be our chief storyteller and relationship manager. The Coordinator will collect and package heartfelt success stories that help identify, cultivate and solicit major annual gift support, starting with a capital campaign and general operating funds. The coordinator directs and administers all aspects of communications and annual giving to include: social media, direct mail, donor database, gift processing and accounting, special events, donor recognition and stewardship, and corporate support. This position reports to the Executive Director.
As the Fund Development Manager, a typical day might include the following:
• Interviewing a volunteer about her experience at the MLK Center that led her to donate
• Inviting a community member to be part of the Capital Campaign Committee
• Drafting a handout for Board members to use when cultivating donors
• Working with the Executive Director to prepare the budget for the signature event
• Adding photos and perfecting the letter being given to the direct mail vendor
• Announcing a new text to donate opportunity on social media
• Facilitating the Fund Development Committee meeting and manage action items
• Sitting at the Front Desk and field phone calls or welcome guests at 6:00 p.m.
• Role playing with board members and staff on fund development pitches and ways to grow their personal fundraising pages
• Calling to thank a donor and implementing a new donor recognition strategy
• Hosting a tour of the building for a potential donor
• Going with the Executive Director to solicit a major gift from a past donor
• Assigning tasks and setting up for the early morning annual Founders Breakfast
• Proposing a theme for the 50th Anniversary event
This job might be for you if:
• You believe in the mission and vision of the MLK Center and can engage people from all walks of life with any size bank account into our organization.
• You are creative, positive, willing to experiment and learn.
• You Follow Through!
• You're not afraid to hear the word, No. Not every idea will succeed and not every request will result in a donation.
• You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you're comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
• You like asking questions until you get it right. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches, because we're growing and changing around here, just like our families!
• You believe team work makes the dream work! This is a new position at the MLK Center and it takes all of us to make real change in the world.
• You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You're going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
To be offered this position, you need to have some measurable experience helping non-profit organizations diversify their fundraising streams. We are a close-knit hard-working team. Along with a resume, tell us why do you want to join us? Why is the MLK Center's mission important to you?
Click the APPLY button for application instructions. Apply by Sept 6. No Phone Calls Please
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com