Major Gifts Officer - Culver Academies
- 16-Aug-2019 to 15-Sep-2019
- - Culver Academies
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- comprehensive benefit package
Culver Academies is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Officer to be based in Indianapolis (or Culver), with an accomplished record in securing $100,000+ gifts and annual gift total of at least $1 million as we implement a campaign.
Located along the shores of Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver, Indiana, Culver Academies is a coeducational, boarding high school of 842 students in grades 9-12 and comprised of Culver Military Academy for boys (founded in 1894) and Culver Girls Academy for girls (founded in 1971), as well as a six-week Summer Schools & Camps program (founded in 1902) for students ages 9-18. Culver Academies is known for its outstanding academic and leadership programs, beautiful campus, diverse student population, and many athletic, visual and performing arts programs, and extracurricular activities.
To learn more about Culver, visit www.culver.org.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Successful candidate must have proven skills in the identification, evaluation, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors ($100,000+), resulting in at least $1 million in gifts annually. The MGO is responsible for developing and executing strategies that culminate in the receipt of gifts of $100,000 or more that match each donor's affinity and capacity and soliciting planned gifts when appropriate. The MGO will manage a portfolio of 150+ prospects, be accountable for annual fundraising goals, and work well remotely and with an on-campus MGO team on the creation and implementation of overall fundraising strategies.
• Bachelor's degree required; Certified Fund Raising Executive preferred.
• Minimum of five years of demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser, including success in closing 6 & 7-figure gifts.
• Strong communication skills, including excellent writing ability.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; a high level of comfort with direct donor interaction and cold calls.
• Professionalism, confidence and integrity.
• Initiative and independence combined with a high level of accountability and trust to work well remotely.
• Must be available for frequent travel within an assigned territory.
• Well-honed skills in developing long-term donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills with experience in fundraising databases; e.g. Raisers Edge and Veracross.
• Experience at an educational institution is strongly preferred.
The Culver Educational Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Inquiries about this position may be made to Chief Advancement Officer Holly Johnson at 574-842-8182.
Click the APPLY button to submit resumes to Lisa Barenie.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com