Community Engagement Coordinator - La Plaza, Inc.
- 24-Aug-2019 to 23-Sep-2019
- - La Plaza Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Community Engagement Coordinator at La Plaza, Inc. works to advance the Tu Futuro program, whose objectives are to encourage and support Latino students and their parents regarding higher education and career exploration. Primary responsibilities of the Community Engagement Coordinator include presentations to students and parents on advocacy and civic engagement; facilitation of community advocacy projects; recruit and develop partnerships with community organizations geared toward civic engagement. This is a fulltime salaried position with benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
l. Program Coordination and Outreach,
• Develop annual program goals and objectives and update/develop program materials,
• Recruit and maintain partnerships with local schools and community organizations
• Create a plan to promote the program and recruit community partners and participants.
ll. Program Implementation
• Deliver informational presentations and workshops to Latino students and parents that promote civic engagement and increase understanding of social issues
• Maintain student records, initiate follow-up, track participants, and provide the data for use in program evaluation
• Coordinate community service activities, college visits, internships and other educational field trips for participants
Ill. Program Evaluation
• Conduct pre and post assessments at workshops and follow up surveys with participants
• Maintain performance indicators and report those to program director monthly
IV. Other Tasks
• Supervise interns and volunteers
• Maintain records of and monitor program expenses
• Assist with grant management including grant reports
• B.A. or B.S. degree in education or related field (master's degree preferred)
• Bilingual in English and Spanish including written and verbal communication
• Strong knowledge of public schools and community and civic organizations in the Indianapolis metropolitan area
• Knowledge of and experience with program design and coordination
• Culturally competent and knowledgeable of Latino students' background, educational challenges, and needs
• Excellent writing, communication, organizational, technology, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively present to and teach individuals and groups.
• Experience working with and motivating high school youth and young adults
• Available some evenings & Saturdays
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter to Maria Quiroz-Southwood.
Any questions may be directed by email to email@example.com.
La Plaza, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com