Missions Director - Susan G. Komen Central Indiana
- 26-Aug-2019 to 30-Sep-2019
- - Susan G. Komen - Central Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health/Life/Retirement and PTO
Susan G. Komen Central Indiana is in search of its next Missions Director to lead the organization in local grant funding and administration as well as supervise and inspire volunteers in executing the mission of Susan G. Komen Central Indiana.
Susan G. Komen Central Indiana's mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Duties of the Mission Director
• Work collaboratively with the Grants Chair and Committee to manage all aspects of the Community Grants program including administration of grants, maintenance of working relationship with grantees, and all grant-related events including an annual grant writing workshop.
• Coordinate and execute regular grantee site visits.
• Lead the Community Profile Team in conducting research and analysis, developing the Community Profile structure and writing content.
• Serve as a resource for breast health services in the Affiliate service area to the general public, community organizations, medical facilities, and health professionals. Respond in a timely manner to all requests for such information.
• Work collaboratively to plan, develop, implement and evaluate Komen-sponsored educational, outreach and mission programs within the Affiliate service area.
• Train and/or oversee mission volunteers, interns and Ambassadors to increase impact and presence in the community through health system and survivor outreach, collaborative approaches and public or provider education.
• Develop and implement other activities that address the gaps in under-served populations through grants, education or both.
• Write proposals for funding education initiatives.
• Build, encourage and support partnerships and collaborations among medical providers, community organizations, schools, corporations and government agencies (i.e., health departments, etc.).
• Work with the Communications Manager to provide local communications support for the above program activities and maintain mission-related items on web site.
• Support the public policy efforts of the Affiliate, representing Komen with policy makers and elected officials as needed.
• Ensure compliance with Komen headquarters policies and procedures and maintain accurate records.
• Conduct other activities that will promote and enhance breast health services throughout the service area, deemed appropriate by Executive Director.
• Represent the organization and champion the Komen mission in the community and attend Komen Central Indiana and partner events.
• Provide exceptional customer service, field inquiries and offer support.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidates will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in non-profit healthcare, public health, social work or related discipline
• Minimum of 2 years of professional program management in a nonprofit organization
• Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate complex public health situations and medical information
• Listening skills and comfort level with discussing sensitive health and medical information
• Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer programs
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with diverse populations
• A high degree of integrity that garners the trust and respect of others
• A professional nature able to meet deadlines as well as quickly establish priorities
• Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Comfort with new technology and ability to learn the Komen grants management system
• Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position.
Click the APPLY button to submit resume and cover letter to Carla Borden, Executive Director by Sept 30.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com