Executive Director - Wayne County Foundation (Richmond, IN)
- 28-Aug-2019 to 25-Sep-2019
- - Wayne County Fdn/Charitable Advisors
- Richmond, IN, USA
- Full Time
- competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance and retirement.
For more than forty years, Wayne County Foundation has been a faithful steward and effective conduit for charitable giving. The foundation works with donors to create funds that reflect donors' charitable goals. These generous givers, past and present, have enabled the foundation to provide financial support across all sectors of our communities, including social services, youth, senior citizens, education, recreation, arts, culture, animal welfare, and community development. Wayne County Foundation has awarded more than $28 million in grants and scholarships since inception, including $2 million in 2018. Current assets are approximately $45 million.
These are exciting times for Indiana community foundations, which are taking more visible leadership roles. Wayne County Foundation is at the forefront of this trend with its new Forward Wayne County Initiative. The initiative uses a collaborative approach to identify community needs and create a more vibrant and prosperous Wayne County and east central Indiana. https://forwardwaynecounty.org/
Because of the pending retirement of its current executive, the Wayne County Foundation board is seeking a community- and people-oriented leader to build on a strong base of support and community momentum. The Executive Director should be familiar with charitable giving and nonprofit organizations and able to quickly establish him or herself in Richmond and the smaller communities across Wayne County. This is a heavy relationship-building and connecting role with at least half of the leader's time devoted to building relationships with community leaders. In addition, the Executive Director should be able to build, set priorities for, and supervise a high-performing staff team of five individuals.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with fundraising, financial management, grant administration, and experience working in collaboration with community partners. Successful experience in fund development or sales is important. Experience working in smaller and rural communities is helpful. The Executive Director should have a bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) in business, nonprofit management or a related field; substantial experience may be substituted. Must be willing to become heavily involved with people and organizations across the county; a past, current or future resident of Wayne County is preferred but will consider residents of other counties. The position offers competitive compensation and benefits, including health insurance and retirement.
For more information about Wayne County Foundation, visit https://waynecountyfoundation.org/
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1) Why would leading Wayne County Foundation be a great match for you? Which of your recent experiences do you see as applicable to this role?
2) Tell us about your experience and success in building and maintaining relationships with prospective donors, customers, or clients.
3) Provide an example of how you have taken a leadership role to bring people, organizations, and/or resources together to make a difference in your community.
4) Share your experience running the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization or small business (e.g. financial management, human resources/staff, programs, board relationship).
5) Provide an example of a successful strategy you've used to motivate a staff team.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com