House Manager - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- 03-Sep-2019 to 11-Sep-2019
- - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The House Manager oversees the day to day operations of the House Management staff to provide the best customer service in the theatre's lobbies and house before, during, and after all performances and events including welcoming our patrons to the theatre and ensuring their safety at all times.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for ensuring excellent customer service from front-of-house staff.
• Staff and organize all public and student matinee performances.
• Provide an excellent patron experience at all public and student matinee performances.
• Manage program distribution and coordinate with Manager of Public Operations to secure programs and other patron materials.
• Maintain the image of the Grand Lobby and all public areas; communicate with housekeeping as necessary to ensure a clean environment.
• Resolve conflicts with any patron issues.
• Hire, train, schedule and manage Assistant House Managers and Backup House Managers.
• Recruit and Coordinate volunteer ushers.
• Coordinate performance timelines with stage management, including preshow chat, curtain speeches, and intermission.
• Maintain ticket-scanning equipment, hearing impaired devices, and walkie-talkies.
• Complete and distribute house report after every performance.
• Provide leadership in emergency situations, including fire alarm and inclement weather warnings.
• Work closely with Manager of Public Operations to ensure proper staff is in place for all performances.
• Meet with Manager of Public Operations regularly to ensure all house management needs are met.
• Coordinate with education department to meet all student matinee needs.
• Other duties as determined by the Manager of Public Operations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in one or all of the following: business management, communications, and/or theatre-related field.
• 1-2 years management experience.
• 3-5 years customer service experience.
• 1-2 years volunteer coordination experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational capabilities.
• Ability to provide strong leadership for customer service staff.
• Ability and desire to work in a team-structured, informal, open environment. The Theatre's corporate culture is one that values equally the quality of our work, the quality of how we work (the process), and our collaborative management style.
• Passion for the arts.
The Indiana Repertory Theatre is the state's largest, fully professional non-profit theatre. Our focus is on creating a vibrant community through our work on stage, and creating an energizing work culture off stage.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Sept 11.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com