Food Pantry Manager - Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Inc.
- 03-Sep-2019 to 02-Oct-2019
- - Gleaners’ Food Bank
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Food Pantry Manager is responsible for all operations of the food pantries in a manner consistent with Gleaners approach to a 100% Client Choice model and The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) food outlet. The pantries are open to the public and serve as models for all other food pantries in Gleaners' distribution network. All responsibilities shall be consistent with the day-to-day operations of the food pantry and Gleaners Food Bank's mission to lead the fight against hunger. This position also interfaces with other pantries in the Gleaners Food Bank network to share best practices and monitor compliance as needed.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions/responsibilities listed below. Nothing in this description restricts the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, without notice; however, Gleaners will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Manage all operations of the food pantries
o Direct the day-to-day activities of food distribution, cleaning, stocking and intake data and any and all Gleaners operated food pantries.
o Ensure that the pantry is opened and closed in a timely manner without delays.
o Work closely with the Gleaners team and Supervisor on the daily operations of the pantry.
o Organize, train and supervise the scheduled volunteers on all GCC policies and procedures.
o Analyze intake data collected in Food Bank Manager to make determinations on food and volunteer needs.
o Manage inventory by placing orders for food and maintaining a variety of dry, fresh and frozen products subject to availability.
o Serve as a model pantry for "best practice" relating to food variety and nutrition, client choice, customer service and safety.
o Treat all clients and volunteers with dignity, compassion and respect.
Comply with all TEFAP and Feeding America regulations
o Manage the procedures and guidelines that are required for all TEFAP sites.
o Ensure compliance with all applicable Feeding America and government regulations and health codes.
o Attend all necessary training for Gleaner Agencies and Civil Rights Training annually.
o Facilitate nutrition education in the pantry lobby under the direction of the Programs Department.
o Assist with cooking education classes or demonstrations as needed in conjunction with the Programs Department.
o Manage inventory and product choice to allow for nutritious meal planning and education.
o Provide supervision, coaching, training, and evaluation to the pantry staff, alternative work/job training program participants and volunteers.
o Manage relationships with community partners providing wrap-around services in the pantry lobby.
o Oversee an effective performance management system for the pantry personnel. Make recommendations for new hires or disciplinary action related to any pantry staff positions.
o Promote and achieve a positive work environment.
o Build strong rapport with Operations and Volunteer departments.
o Assist with compliance monitoring visits for agencies in Marion and surrounding counties as needed in conjunction with Agency Relations team.
o Serve as liaison for Pantry Partner Network to share best practices, assist with communication and facilitate roll out of nutrition/cooking initiatives within network when needed.
o Represent Gleaners Food Bank at community hunger relief meetings as needed
Administrative and budgetary responsibilities
o Ensure that all work is performed to a cost-effective, high standard.
o Maintain the required paperwork and reporting needed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
o Assist with annual budgets and reports as needed.
o Participation in staff meetings, project teams, or other employee activities.
o Attend Pantry Partner Program events as time permits.
o Other duties assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities an individual needs in order to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• Food Safety and Handling Certified, or ability to be certified.
• Three to five years of experience in management and supervision of employees or volunteers preferred.
• One to two years of food pantry, retail or merchandising experience preferred.
• Forklift certified, or ability to be certified.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate with all staff members and agencies in a professional manner.
• Ability to communicate with clients of all socio-economic backgrounds in a warm and consistent manner.
• Bilingual in Spanish desired.
• Basic math
• Candidate should be computer literate in all basic computer programs and functions.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.).
• Ability to work on a computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, calculator.
• Experience in working in database systems.
• Valid driver's license/Clean driving record /Must be insurable by company vehicle insurance provider
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented with strong customer service skills
• Initiative/self-starter with ability to work and supervise volunteers with diverse backgrounds.
• Communication, Customer Service, Reliability/Dependability, Respect and Integrity, Teamwork, Work Habits/Planning.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.
Gleaners Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com