Chief Executive Officer - Immigrant Welcome Center
- 09-Sep-2019 to 07-Oct-2019
- - Immigrant Welcome Center/Charitable Advisors
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you an individual who possesses a deep commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive Indianapolis? Are you a bridge builder, seeking a role that will encompass your experience with community organizations and leaders to make a tangible impact in the lives of others? Since 2005, the IWC has been on the front lines connecting newcomers to people, places and resources that enable them to build successful lives and enrich our community. IWC is on a mission to make Indianapolis a more welcoming community for everyone and annually hosts Live Local, Think Global, a signature event that connects our community. As the organization embarks on its next phase of growth and service, IWC 2.0, the Board is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to implement a comprehensive approach to integrating immigrants and refugees into our community. Expanded services already include legal assistance and naturalization training. The new CEO will shape the future and drive a vision that encompasses delivery of quality services from IWC and partners across the community.
This individual will look to our new community members as engines of growth and advocate for their participation in the political, civic, and economic life of our diverse society and help to inform the public about their many contributions. A successful candidate will exhibit a confident presence and be a creative problem solver as they support the mission and activities of IWC and will recognize the value of strategic partnerships to elevate the voices and opportunities for newcomers. By cultivating these external relationships, they will increase awareness and leverage resources that promote inclusivity as an important component of economic growth for everyone in central Indiana. Annual budget of $600K, staff team of 5 (and growing), 80+ volunteers trained as Natural Helpers, engaged board of directors. Competitive salary plus benefits package including health insurance, retirement and generous time off.
• Commitment to services and immigrant issues as well as interest in expanding community-based programs and opportunities
• Demonstrable leadership experience leading, setting, and implementing strategic plans and organizational growth
• Bachelor's degree in social services, business, public policy or related field and significant leadership experience and exhibited success in similar work. Master's degree preferred
• At least five years' experience hiring, supervising and developing staff
• A record of success in fundraising from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government
• Experience with government funders and government funded programs
• Demonstrated experience in community outreach, advocacy, and marketing/communications
• Ability to develop relationships/partnerships for future programs, resources and funding
• Strong interpersonal, public speaking and storytelling skills
• Awareness and acceptance of cultural differences; basic knowledge of diverse cultures and environments; and the skills to adapt communication skills to fit cultural context
• Strong financial acumen with experience developing, communicating, and implementing budgets
• Familiarity with the City of Indianapolis and the local immigrant/refugee communities, backgrounds, organizations, agencies, neighborhoods, and systems is helpful
• Knowledge in the areas of client and volunteer management, immigration law, language access policy, citizenship/naturalization services, and immigrant experiences is helpful.
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. Briefly share how your personal and professional background would be a great match to lead the Immigrant Welcome Center?
2. Please describe your experience raising financial support and managing budgets to achieve organizational growth?
3. Describe your experiences building community partnerships to address a challenge or achieve a common goal.
4. Tell us about your experience working with a nonprofit board of directors and successfully engaging them in the work of the organization.
5. Share a brief example of when you have built and led a successful staff team.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com