Assistant Director (part-time) - Champ Camp
- 09-Sep-2019 to 08-Oct-2019
- - CHAMP Camp, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $20,000 - $25,000 per year, depending on experience
- Part Time
Responsible to: Executive Director
We are seeking a dynamic, self-starter interested in joining our organization as an Assistant Director. In this role you will work side-by-side with the Executive Director, helping with daily operational and administrative tasks as needed. You will also contribute to the planning and execution of all fundraising events as well as our annual summer camp.
• Degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Management, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field
• 2+ years of experience as an assistant director, administrative assistant or similar position
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Skilled collaborator
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Excellent communicator both orally and written
• Comfortable self-starting assigned projects
• Experience in the area of outdoor education/camping/recreation for special populations are a plus, but not required
• Exceptional knowledge of MS office
• Assistant Director position hours will fluctuate based on workload, but will average 15-20 hours per week for the year.
• Director will report to the CHAMP Camp office in Greenwood during normal business hours
• Must be able to participate and attend our one-week, overnight camp in June
Duties & Responsibilities:
* As it pertains to the office/organizational duties
• Supports the Executive Director and effectively carries out assigned responsibilities
• Assist with gift processing and appeals
• Communicate regularly with the Executive Director to update on where projects stand
• Foster and maintain relationships with donors, potential donors, camper families, and community partners
• Assist in planning and execution of all fundraising events
• Assist in the planning and execution of our summer camp experience
• Interact with the public and represent our organization in a professional manner
• Lead and complete special assigned side projects
• Assist the Executive Director with the organizations' compliance with health standards, legal regulations, state licensing, and ACA accreditation.
• Develop and execute communication pertaining to events, fundraising, and organizational updates: includes newsletters, mass mailings, email blasts, brochures, etc.
• Other tasks as assigned
*As it pertains to camp
• Responsible for the operation and oversight of the "camp store"
• Assist with greeting and overseeing volunteers (move-in, move-out, and dance set-up volunteers)
• Managing all social media posts during the week of camp
• Create and distribute camp yearbooks/camp directory
• Other tasks as assigned
Click the APPLY button to submit your resume, cover letter, and list of references to Alysia Caldwell.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com