Donor Relations Associate - IndyHumane
- 09-Sep-2019 to 08-Oct-2019
- - Humane Society of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Serving Indianapolis and the surrounding counties since 1905, the Humane Society of Indianapolis provides vital services to animals and people alike through sheltering and adopting animals, providing positive reinforcement behavior training for adoptable animals through our behavior programs, and outreach through our community and shelter programs.
The Donor Relations Associate is responsible for entering and maintaining accurate donor records to support the entire IndyHumane development program. He/she will also be responsible for the timely acknowledgment of donor gifts within one week of the receipt of the gift.
Essential Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate the receipt, recording, acknowledgment and stewardship of all unrestricted and restricted gifts in accordance with IndyHumane gift acceptance policy, IRS regulations, auditor's recommendations and best practices as outlined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
• Ensure that all gifts are acknowledged within 5 working days.
• Responsible for the organization's gift processing, including preparing deposits, making copies for both Development and Finance departments, entering gift details into database and sending out cash log report.
• Complete the preparation of bank deposits and data entry of gifts into IndyHumane's CRM.
• Coordinate activities of lockbox vendor to ensure timely deposits and recording of all direct mail responses.
• Prepares monthly financial reconciliation and periodic reporting.
• Acknowledge In-Kind Donations and records and reconciles Rescue Relief donations
• Enters all Adopter information into CRM from Adoption Applications
• Process Credit card donations
• Answers donor inquiry calls and emails.
• Maintains the appropriate documentation for hard-copy and electronic files of donors and/or constituents.
• Manages Donor Birthday Stewardship program.
• Provides administrative support for mailings, special events, data clean-up projects and other clerical duties as assigned
• Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
• Attends regular Development team meetings and IndyHumane all-staff meetings.
• Experience with Blackbaud Luminate CRM development software required.
• 1-2 years fundraising experience preferred
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively as a member of the development team.
• Proficient in computer applications (Word, Excel).
• Good proofreading, grammatical and analytical skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and work effectively as a member of the development team; maintain confidentiality of donor information.
• Commitment to the mission of IndyHumane.
• Flexibility, high energy level, initiative.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com