Community Care Coordinator - Merchants Affordable Housing Corp.
- 09-Sep-2019 to 23-Sep-2019
- - Merchants Affordable Housing Corp
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $42,000 to $52,000 depending on experience
- Full Time
- Health, dental, and disability insurance; Paid time off including holidays and vacation; savings plan with company match
The Community Care Coordinator (CCC) will act as the liaison between participating households, health care providers, and community support system to advance the goals of increased utilization rates of services and improved health outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Meet weekly and as-needed with the households on an individual basis in the community, home, or office setting to address specific barriers, referrals, and place an emphasis on life-skills;
• Conduct comprehensive risk assessments for individual household members;
• Identify and address barriers including, but not limited to, moving costs, deposit, transportation cost/access, health insurance deductibles, prescriptions, groceries, food, childcare, legal fees, bankruptcy, debts, expungement, evictions, safety, and security;
• Participate in case conferences directly with Federally Qualified Health Care staff;
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with property management, service providers, outside healthcare professionals, and community-based allies;
• Maintain relevant data and reporting of outcomes; and
• Follow-up with the households in order to assist them with completing referrals and the effectiveness of the programing.
This position description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualifications / Skills
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field; Advanced degree in social work, counseling, or human services preferred
• Two-four years of experience in housing, social services, and/or homeless programs
• Coordinate multiple cases simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
• Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interact with diverse clientele experiencing health and housing challenges
• Think critically and work efficiently
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
1. What experience or qualities do you feel make you a uniquely qualified match for this position?
2. Talk about a project or program where you had to gain support from others inside your organization and then implement it. What worked well What would you change next time?
3. Talk about a project or program where you had to gain support from others outside your organization and then implement it. What worked well? What would you change next time?
4. Share a circumstance where you had to bring order, and perhaps restore relationships, to a group or team.
5. Share a circumstance where your guidance as a supervisor or peer assisted a coworker in improving their performance.
6. Talk about your personal professional development efforts and how you stay current on rules and regulations that affect your work?
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Sept 23.
Bradley Company is an equal opportunity employer. If selected as a finalist, candidates will be subject to a criminal and employment history background check.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com