Donor Communication Manager - Boys and Girls Club of Indianapolis
- 16-Sep-2019 to 15-Oct-2019
- - Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Donor Communication Manager responsibility will center on BGCI's Strategic Planning and the strengthening of the organizations capacity to deliver strong outcomes within a culture that embraces learning and continuous improvement. In addition, The Donor Communication Manager will serve as an integral member of the development team and will be a central point of contact for donors and partners. We are seeking a professional to utilize his/her skills to connect donors to the impact they are making on the lives of youth in Indy. The Donor Communication Manager must have sufficient skills and experience to quickly gain the trust and confidence of colleague's at all levels. Finally, this opportunity is both outward facing and expected to be meeting with and building relationships with key players on a daily and weekly basis, and inward facing and expected to build a strong and competent team to support these efforts. Other duties may also be assigned, will provide some administrative support to the Senior Leadership team, majority of tasks require independent planning and prioritization and occasional local travel to clubs is required.
Role and Responsibilities
• Works with the Direct of Development and Marketing in securing sponsorships from corporations, individuals and community stakeholders.
• Track, manage and deliver sponsor benefits for each event.
• Plan and execute signature events for the organization including developing and managing volunteer committees and day of logistics.
• Enter any interactions with donors and community stakeholders into donor database.
• Work with Development and Marketing Department to create strategies in spreading mission awareness.
• Create, plan and execute events; help seek and secure sponsorships for projects/programs/events.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with funders and community stakeholders.
• Manage a portfolio of donor prospects and participate in donor visits and follow up.
• Explore, identify and launch other fundraising initiatives to increase donor retention and acquisition.
• Works with Development and Marketing Department to identify and coordinate opportunities for partnership to further BGCI mission; serve as a BGCI representative in the community.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values and work of BGCI Clubs of Indianapolis
• Minimum two years professional experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization preferred, or equivalent education and experience
• Ability to be analytical and demonstrate strategic and creative thinking
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communications
• Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and be detailed-oriented.
• Proven ability to exercise good and independent judgment and to act tactfully
• Curiosity about donor motivation to support BGCI; commitment to listen to donors to match their interests to BGCI initiatives
• Proficiency working with Bloomerang or ability to learn
• Knowledge and awareness of Philanthropic community in Indianapolis
• Skilled in MS Office Suite
Office provided at the program service center. General travel is required
Requirements of general sitting and standing for extended periods of time may be required. Light duty lifting may be required to facilitate set up trainings, events and meetings.
Disclaimer: the information presented in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume.
Charitable Advisors LLC https://charitableadvisors.hirecentric.com